1. Nearing the end. Maybe?

So I'm currently wearing refinement tray 12 and they just handed off the last of my refinement trays - they end at tray 17. So they asked me if there was anything I still didn't like and I pointed out my one lower incisor (it's the tooth with the attachment in these pics) that I think needs to be pulled up a little more. They said that is a very tough tooth to move though with long roots etc so it may never be 100% so I'm going to see how things look after the last tray and we will see then if I want another refinement or if I'm ready for retainers. I think they look pretty good and about a zillion times better than before Invisalign so I'll see how I feel in a few weeks but I'm kind of inclined to just be happy with them however the end up after these last ones but after spending so long already you sort of become obsessed with wanting them perfect

So here they are :image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The orthodontist said "your teeth look awesome"

Currently on Tray 38 of 38 U/L

Blog Entries
    Awesome! They look great!

I hear you about wanting perfection... I thought I was 100% happy, then after I finished I realized that a couple of my top incisors were not perfectly in-line (the formerly-really-crooked tooth and the one behind it). But it was too late to change my mind, I was tired of Invisalign trays, and it's still a WHOLE lot better than from when I started. I realize that I don't need a perfect smile, but close to it is okay with me, especially now that it's a lot easier to floss than it used to be :)
    Initial Round October 29, 2012
    Tray 32/37 Upper (8 Attachments, 1 Additional Attachment Trays 20-26)
    Tray 19/19 Lower (7 Attachments)
    Change Biweekly

Refinement Round February 26, 2014
    Tray 22/22 Upper (5 New Attachments)
    Tray 30/30 Lower (no new attachments)
    Change Weekly

COMPLETED September 29, 2014
    Attachments removed. Retainers received October 8 and October 14!

My Blog: http://invisaligned.weebly.com/

3. Hey all here's the current state of my teeth no more attachments and no more trays. The last two sets of trays I got were actually retainers so I'm to wear those 12 hours a day for now although I've probably wore them more out of habit/paranoia of them moving. But these will serve as temporary retainers as I'm in the middle of getting a dental implant for a back molar so will have the final retainer made to fit once that's done and I want to have a tiny chip fixed prior to that as well as any other little quick cosmetic things.

They aren't perfect but I am happy with them at this point and now other peoples teeth and there imperfections are so glaring to me.

Anyway here they are!image.jpg

Blog Entries
    Beautiful results! Isn't it great to be nearly done? I just got my lower retainer last week and I'll get my upper retainer on the 13th. So happy to be nearly done wearing trays 24/7 :)
    Invisalign Start Date: 1-17-2013

Initial round of treatment: 24 U&L, 14 attachments
    Refinements 1/28/14: 22 U&L, 16 attachments, 3 metal buttons, 5 elastics

Lower retainer 12/23/14, circumferential elastics
    Upper retainer 1/14/15

5. Thank you ! There were times that it was really uncomfortable and it felt like it was taking soooo long for anything to change but overall it was so so easy and there was nothing to it but wearing the trays for all the time they said and going back to the doctor once in a while to make sure everything was going ok. I had some complicated issues including extractions but I had a great great orthodontist that planned things out beautifully. If anyone is thinking of doing this or is just getting started or you think it's going to be too hard and too much of a pain taking these things out to eat and having to brush your teeth a million times a day and that you'll get cavities it really isn't that big of a deal in fact it couldn't be easier. It doesn't come cheap but if you want to or need to straighten your teeth I consider this worth every penny as long as the right doctor does the treatment.

6. A bit of a final update here. My teeth are done now at long last. I got an implant back in January and just recently after waiting for it to be ready I had the crown put in and went back to the orthodontist to get a new retainer that would fit over everything. It's a clear on house made retainer that looks like Invisalign but not contoured as perfectly around the teeth and it's thicker plastic so not nearly as comfortable. I absolutely hated it at first but I only wear it at night and I've gotten used to it. I still prefer the feel of Invisalign but it's not so terrible now. It's great to be done and it cost me an arm and a leg but I'm happy with the results for the most part :)

Here is before and after implant. I could have had a trip to Europe but I got a tooth eh. Now I'm free to spend money on fun stuff again !image.jpgimage.jpg

Markham, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Stouffville
    Congratulations! Ideally you want the retainer contoured around the edges of your teeth by the gums so that it does not impinge on the tissue. It should be slightly thicker because it needs to last longer than your aligner. Smile lots!
    Dr Jason K Tam
    Markham Orthodontist, Stouffville Orthodontist, Oshawa

Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign, Teen Provider, Invisalign Speaker's Bureau
    2012 Las Vegas Invisalign Case Finalist
    2014 Invisalign Case Publication

Invisalign in Toronto Blog
    **NEW** Before and After Invisalign 2.0 Video
    Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

MCO Orthodontics Facebook

Blog Entries
    Congrats on crossing the finish line....at last!

It takes a while getting used to something other than Invisalign in your mouth, doesn't it? I love only wearing a retainer at night now. Your teeth look wonderful!
    Invisalign Start Date: 1-17-2013

Initial round of treatment: 24 U&L, 14 attachments
    Refinements 1/28/14: 22 U&L, 16 attachments, 3 metal buttons, 5 elastics

Lower retainer 12/23/14, circumferential elastics
    Upper retainer 1/14/15