Blog Entries

Done!!!! (well, almost)

I picked up my Hawley retainer today...YAY! It feels so good to be done with my trays. It's still weird feeling plastic on the roof of my mouth instead of on my teeth, but it has been a pretty simple adjustment so far. I'm back to lisping because of the plastic on my palate. Hopefully, I get over that quickly! I can't wait to transition into night-time only wear.

3 weeks ago, I got my bonded retainer on my bottom teeth. Unfortunately, my right center incisor (#25) kind of drifted forward in the 3 weeks I've been off the trays. When he first took off the trays, he did some IPR on those teeth so they could settle in. I needed some more IPR on that tooth and the teeth surrounding it. He made a "bracket" out of bonding material on that tooth and he's having me run my circumferential elastics through it to help pull the tooth back in to place. Just from the 6 hours since I've been there, I can see that it is moving back where it should be. He said once the tooth is back in its spot, he's going to bond it to my permanent retainer so it won't shift again.

I'll need to come back in two more weeks and then we'll take it from there. It feels so good to be done!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!
    Invisalign Start Date: 1-17-2013

Initial round of treatment: 24 U&L, 14 attachments
    Refinements 1/28/14: 22 U&L, 16 attachments, 3 metal buttons, 5 elastics

Lower retainer 12/23/14, circumferential elastics
    Upper retainer 1/14/15

2. Congrats hope you share some pics soon!

I'm supposed to be wearing my trays for 12 hours a day still as retainers but I probably still wear them longer. I guess old habits die hard and since I'm still having some other work done I would rather they not move.

I'm going in to get a dental implant on Friday which I'm kind of nervous about and it's costing me a fortune but I'm anxious to get this last stage moving so I can eventually get a real retainer to fit my finished teeth.

Congrats to you I know how good it feels but overall I can't really complain too much about the process!

Currently on Tray 38 of 38 U/L

Congrats Kris! That must be an awesome feeling. I'm indifferent about my treatment ending. I kind of like having these protective plastic aligners on my teeth. Other times, I just want to eat a snack without worrying about my aligners! Oh the bittersweetness of orthodontic treatment!

Invisaligned-- I have an entire blog post written about my two implants. If you are interested, I have a lot of advice on how to heal quickly. You can read it here -> http://www.sunshine-blog.com/2013/08...rience_15.html
    Tristan
    Began Treatment on February 28, 2013.
    53 Upper and 53 Lower trays.
    I change trays every seven days.

Began 1st Refinement April 24, 2014.
    34 Upper and 34 Lower Trays.
    Changed every seven days.

Began 2nd Refinement March 3, 2015.
    32 Upper and 32 Lower Trays.
    Changed every seven days.
    Read my Blog and my Invisalign Story HERE

Congrats! Thats so exciting! Are you happy with how they look?
    http://fixingmysmileinvisalignstyle.blogspot.com.au/

26/26 U
    23/23 L
    9 attachments as of aligner 3
    Changing every 10 days

Refinement 1
    Don't even remember how many

Refinement 2
    11/14 U
    11/11 L

5. Thanks Tristan I'm going to check that out tonight for sure! I'm exited but I'm nervous but tomorrow is the day :)

Currently on Tray 38 of 38 U/L

Blog Entries
    Whoo! Congrats on finishing!!!
    Initial Round October 29, 2012
    Tray 32/37 Upper (8 Attachments, 1 Additional Attachment Trays 20-26)
    Tray 19/19 Lower (7 Attachments)
    Change Biweekly

Refinement Round February 26, 2014
    Tray 22/22 Upper (5 New Attachments)
    Tray 30/30 Lower (no new attachments)
    Change Weekly

COMPLETED September 29, 2014
    Attachments removed. Retainers received October 8 and October 14!

My Blog: http://invisaligned.weebly.com/