Tray Fitting Issue?

Hello! Long time reader, first time posting a message. I did not have something to post until now!

Long story short....I have had zero issues with my trays (23 upper/10 lower) until now my last upper tray. Hoping to get some feedback on this "issue" until my orthodonist is back in the office next week. As in the pictures below, the red circle is where the "issue" lies. The best way to describe it is the tray is "bent" inwards from the top half and thus the tray does not fully enclose the teeth like the rest of the tray. When the tray is in, the attachements sit in the pockets of the tray well and the tray is nice and snug and not loose at all. While I have had some soreness during the last year with new trays (usually a couple of days if any), this one seems to be the most sore that I can remember. The bented section is also what I assume is causing a major lisp which is something I really have not experienced this past year. The soreness has subsided (now day 2) and other than the tongue constantly hitting the bented section of tray all seems to be ok, I think and hope?

Is this normal or should I be concerned and stop wearing this tray and go back to the last one?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Markham, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Stouffville
    Looks like a defect in the manufacturing. Best to go back to the previous set and then get in touch with your doctor. Good luck!
    Dr Jason K Tam
    Markham Orthodontist, Stouffville Orthodontist, Oshawa

Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign, Teen Provider, Invisalign Speaker's Bureau
    2012 Las Vegas Invisalign Case Finalist
    2014 Invisalign Case Publication

Invisalign in Toronto Blog
    **NEW** Before and After Invisalign 2.0 Video
    Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

MCO Orthodontics Facebook