I'm done!!!! Where did everybody go?

Ok, I know most of you came and went in 6 months, or a year or 18 months, and I didn't really expect any of my old buddies to be here... but it looks like no one has posted in the invisalign forums in over 6 months! What happened here!?

Anyway, I may be announcing this to no one lol... but had to have my post just as you all once did... I am DONE can't believe it!

I think I was the longest patient ever at my doctors office lol. After approximately 3.5 years in treatment, after a first round of some 67 trays, followed by a 2nd round of 35 ish trays, and a final round of 17 trays, I just got my permanent retainers installed on the top and bottom and go back this afternoon to pick up my Essex retainer! I think I seriously never thought this day would come... it went on so long I thought maybe I might die in a car accident before I ever saw the end of my treatment lol.

Now am I 100 percent happy... no, my teeth were way complicated to begin with, I think my front teeth still stick out further than they should, but stuff is straight in there, much better than the smile I used to hide. I smile big now, and I actually get compliments that I have a nice smile, wow!!

So, after all this time was it worth it, yup! For anyone considering treatment, your treatment probably won't be anywhere near as long as mine, but I encourage you to do it. What a gift to give yourself, to be able to smile with pride.

I'll check in here later and see if any ghosts pop up at any point.

Refinement 1: 1/30
    Round one complete
    64 of 67 U
    20 of 20 L
    4 metal buttons, 19 attachments, 4 elastics, 6 brackets...

Blog Entries
    Hey there!!!

I'm still here. So glad you're *FINALLY* done....YAY!!!!!

This board got hit really hard with spam attacks and it just hasn't been the same since the main mods had to ban new member IDs that come from particular e-mail addresses. Unfortunately, a few bad apples ruined it for everyone else.

Doesn't it feel great to have retainers now? I'm finally down to just wearing my retainer at night time. What freedom!!!!

So good to see a familiar face on the boards again. Post a pic if you get a chance
    Invisalign Start Date: 1-17-2013

Initial round of treatment: 24 U&L, 14 attachments
    Refinements 1/28/14: 22 U&L, 16 attachments, 3 metal buttons, 5 elastics

Lower retainer 12/23/14, circumferential elastics
    Upper retainer 1/14/15

Blog Entries
    Hey! I check it out every once in a while and was sad that everyone kind of left, haha. But YAY congrats!!!!! That's awesome!

I second Kris - pictures please! :)
    Initial Round October 29, 2012
    Tray 32/37 Upper (8 Attachments, 1 Additional Attachment Trays 20-26)
    Tray 19/19 Lower (7 Attachments)
    Change Biweekly

Refinement Round February 26, 2014
    Tray 22/22 Upper (5 New Attachments)
    Tray 30/30 Lower (no new attachments)
    Change Weekly

COMPLETED September 29, 2014
    Attachments removed. Retainers received October 8 and October 14!

My Blog: http://invisaligned.weebly.com/

Blog Entries
    Hollins!!! So good to see you on the boards. I miss how active this forum used to be.
    Invisalign Start Date: 1-17-2013

Initial round of treatment: 24 U&L, 14 attachments
    Refinements 1/28/14: 22 U&L, 16 attachments, 3 metal buttons, 5 elastics

Lower retainer 12/23/14, circumferential elastics
    Upper retainer 1/14/15

Congrats!! I still check in time-to-time. I've completed my treatment and go in on Tuesday to double check that my ortho is happy with everything before my dentist places my permanent crowns on my implants. Yay for being Invisalign Graduates!
    Tristan
    Began Treatment on February 28, 2013.
    53 Upper and 53 Lower trays.
    I change trays every seven days.

Began 1st Refinement April 24, 2014.
    34 Upper and 34 Lower Trays.
    Changed every seven days.

Began 2nd Refinement March 3, 2015.
    32 Upper and 32 Lower Trays.
    Changed every seven days.
    Read my Blog and my Invisalign Story HERE