1. Ordering Invisalign Retainers

Hi,

I had invisalign treatment around 2012, and was given a set of 3 Vivera retainers after that.

I was told by my ortho that each set would last a lifetime and the other two were just in case I lost the first 2.

Clearly this wasnt true.

It was also part of a number of unprofessional and inaccurate behaviour by her.

Basically my relationship with her has completely broken down, every time I book an appointment she cancels last minute (the last time I was on route to the practice, wasted a 30 mile journey and ended up putting an informal complaint).

Anyway, I need new retainers as mine are knackered. I've tried looking on the Invisalign website and there is no contact details I can find.

Basically how can I order new vivera retainers? I dont mind paying a little extra (e.g. if I need to go via a new dentist), and of course the price for the retainers themselves, but I cant go via my ortho who I had the treatment with due to the reasons mentioned above.

Thanks for any help/advice
    Braces as 13 year old on NHS - put the retainers in a tissue at lunch time....lost em :(

Braces as an 18 year old (still with NHS) - idiot ortho didnt finish the treatment and fobbed me off.

Invisalign as 27 year old via private treatment + teeth whitening + fixed retainers = perfect smile...for a while. Lingual, fixed retainers eventually turned into a nightmare. Reinvisaligning myself before going to Vivera retainers. Relieved to get rid of those horrendous fixed retainers....

Blog Entries
    I went with the traditional Hawley (wire in front) retainers just because they last way longer than the Vivera. I only wear the retainer at night, so I don't care about the wire. I hear ya about the fixed retainers. I have one on the bottom and EVERYTHING gets stuck in it.
    Invisalign Start Date: 1-17-2013

Initial round of treatment: 24 U&L, 14 attachments
    Refinements 1/28/14: 22 U&L, 16 attachments, 3 metal buttons, 5 elastics

Lower retainer 12/23/14, circumferential elastics
    Upper retainer 1/14/15

Blog Entries
    My suggestion would be to find another dentist or provider and ask the question about getting new retainers, and explain your situation. I mean, I imagine this happens in situations where people move out of the area and then need new retainers in their new location... right (which may happen to me whenever my retainers need replacing, as I've moved away)? So I imagine providers would have something in place. It may cost extra but I think it'd be worth it for better care!!!!

Good luck, whatever you decide to do! :)
    Initial Round October 29, 2012
    Tray 32/37 Upper (8 Attachments, 1 Additional Attachment Trays 20-26)
    Tray 19/19 Lower (7 Attachments)
    Change Biweekly

Refinement Round February 26, 2014
    Tray 22/22 Upper (5 New Attachments)
    Tray 30/30 Lower (no new attachments)
    Change Weekly

COMPLETED September 29, 2014
    Attachments removed. Retainers received October 8 and October 14!

My Blog: http://invisaligned.weebly.com/

Markham, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Stouffville
    It's unfortunate to hear about your situation. Vivera retainers can still be ordered from another orthodontist who is a certified Invisalign provider but you will need to have them complete a transfer form for your digital information. Once that is completed, your new office should be able to order them for you. Good luck!
    Dr Jason K Tam
    Markham Orthodontist, Stouffville Orthodontist, Oshawa

Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign, Teen Provider, Invisalign Speaker's Bureau
    2012 Las Vegas Invisalign Case Finalist
    2014 Invisalign Case Publication

Invisalign in Toronto Blog
    **NEW** Before and After Invisalign 2.0 Video
    Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

MCO Orthodontics Facebook