Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. My dentist had initially estimated 9-10 months but my clinicheck said 14 aligners for 7 months. Right now I'm finishing up set 12 and am nearly right on track! I say nearly because I will be getting new molds done for refinements soon ^^;; I will be out of the country when the refinements clinicheck and aligners arrive but hopefully my dentist can email me updates. I'll try to remember to post my updates here when I find out :) If I happen to forget to update here I will for sure blog about it at seoulsmile.
    Last edited by seoulsmile; 01-23-2011 at 12:13 PM.

2. I'll have 8 U / 10 L, and likely a few refinements -- but still, should be under a year!!

3. Wimadix:
    Thanks so much for your blog. I also have a diastema and have heard differing reports on success with Invisalign. My dentist told me I could use invisalign and it would not take as long as I thought. I started this past Friday and I'm hoping they'll do the trick. Sometimes when I read posts about gaps, I get discouraged and wonder if it's just a waste of time/money. Glad to see someone with a similar case.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ChicagoB; 01-10-2011 at 06:38 PM.

4. Cool

I have 10 U
    and 10 L

I'm on Express. If it ends up taking longer than expected I'm not too worried because I don't have to have it for a year or more, just a few months. I was pretty stoked to be available for I.E.:)

"Last time I posted to this thread was 23rd February......and thats me all finished now.
    I got tray 1 on 10th January, had 29 upper and 13 lower, so well ahead of schedule, with 29 trays it should have been 58 weeks (2 weeks a tray) but I've managed to finish in 40 weeks total and I dont need refinments either."

Weeyin, how were you able to finish ahead of schedule? Did you wear your trays less than 2 weeks each?
    Last edited by anitac; 02-10-2011 at 01:55 PM.

7 months. I have 15 trays for the top & 14 trays for the bottom.
    Last edited by Stewart; 02-19-2011 at 06:32 AM.
    U - 15/15 (COMPLETED)
    L - 14/14 (COMPLETED)

7 months, 14 upper, 7 lower, no refinements, because I'm on the " lite" program, nut that's fine with me!

8. Just wanted to update my treatment plan (quoted below):
    Originally 14U/L
    Finished 13U/L before refinements
    Will begin 5U/L refinements soon :)

So as of now it's like 18U/L total. Will update again if there are any changes!

Quote Originally Posted by seoulsmile View Post
    My dentist had initially estimated 9-10 months but my clinicheck said 14 aligners for 7 months. Right now I'm finishing up set 12 and am nearly right on track! I say nearly because I will be getting new molds done for refinements soon ^^;; I will be out of the country when the refinements clinicheck and aligners arrive but hopefully my dentist can email me updates. I'll try to remember to post my updates here when I find out :) If I happen to forget to update here I will for sure blog about it at seoulsmile.

9. I have 10 Uppers and 18 Lowers, though I'm not sure if I'm on express or not.
    My invisalign packets don't have "Express" anywhere labeled on them so I guess I'm on a regular short treatment? :p
    U: 10/10:D
    L: 18/18 :)
    :clapping: :party:

Markham, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Stouffville
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. Vanity View Post
    I have 10 Uppers and 18 Lowers, though I'm not sure if I'm on express or not.
    My invisalign packets don't have "Express" anywhere labeled on them so I guess I'm on a regular short treatment? :p
    Once you've gone over 10 aligners in either arch, you're not "eligible" for Express :).
    Dr Jason K Tam
    Markham Orthodontist, Stouffville Orthodontist, Oshawa

Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign, Teen Provider, Invisalign Speaker's Bureau
    2012 Las Vegas Invisalign Case Finalist
    2014 Invisalign Case Publication

Invisalign in Toronto Blog
    **NEW** Before and After Invisalign 2.0 Video
    Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

MCO Orthodontics Facebook

11. Once you've gone over 10 aligners in either arch, you're not "eligible" for Express
    ----
    really? I thought it's a second option only in the beginning of your treatment!
    So basically you trays sooner correct?
    Though isn't express bad? I've heard bad results with express invisalign, where the user's teeth don't move correctly with each tray.
    would you recommended? If so why?
    U: 10/10:D
    L: 18/18 :)
    :clapping: :party:

12. I have 22 trays upper and lower x_x 19 months approx

I am on tray 3 and only have 10 U/L, and I feel like I will never make it! I don't know how people can do 1-2 years. I'd go insane.

14. Hi there,

Are the refinements included in the upfront cost you have already paid, or do you have to pay more? Don't really like the idea of having to find MORE money!!

I think it should be included in the initial cost unless you have the Invisalign Express.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelydaze View Post
    I am on tray 3 and only have 10 U/L, and I feel like I will never make it! I don't know how people can do 1-2 years. I'd go insane.
    Insanity and I might well become good friends then, lol.

50 trays, upper and lower. Going to be a long 24 months.

Regards,
    Crush

Lol I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it! You probably have a slightly different mentality about it as well knowing that it is that long. Just don't provide an update in the next 2 years telling us the people in the white coats came for you ;). We might get concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelydaze View Post
    Lol I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it! You probably have a slightly different mentality about it as well knowing that it is that long. Just don't provide an update in the next 2 years telling us the people in the white coats came for you ;). We might get concerned.
    Rest assured, they won't take me without a fight, lol.

Regards,
    Crush

19. 22 lower (11 months)
    14 upper (7 months)

0n tray 1 of lower only - feels like the end will never be in sight!

Think i may ask my ortho if i can wear each tray for 10 days rather than 2 weeks as some people seem to have done.

Any reason why he'd say no?

Just got my aligners. I have 28 U/L and should take just over a year. That's less than I'd thought I'd need, but right now it feels like forever. These things are SOOO uncomfortable. :(
    Currently on trays 22 of 28 U/L --- OVER HALFWAY DONE! :D

My Invisalign blog: http://lana.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post

Regards,
    Crush
    Wow, 50! And then there're the refinements... Time does pass by so quickly though - it's scarey.
    U31 & L23 finished.
    Refinements U13 & L14 finished.
    Bonded retainer on upper and night wear for removable retainers at night - review in 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGG View Post
    Wow, 50! And then there're the refinements... Time does pass by so quickly though - it's scarey.
    I certainly hope so. It really hasn't been all that bad thus far.

Blog Entries
    26 upper, 48 lower.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post

Regards,
    Crush
    I have the exact same thing my man, looks like we're in this together except that you started a bit earlier than me. I'm currently only on day 3.

1/50 U
    1/50 L

It's going to be an interesting 2+ years adjusting my life accordingly, but I'll remain optimistic the whole time thinking about the end result benefits.

*sigh*.... here we go, CHEERS to everyone taking this on!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee24 View Post
    I have the exact same thing my man, looks like we're in this together except that you started a bit earlier than me. I'm currently only on day 3.

1/50 U
    1/50 L

It's going to be an interesting 2+ years adjusting my life accordingly, but I'll remain optimistic the whole time thinking about the end result benefits.

*sigh*.... here we go, CHEERS to everyone taking this on!
    Unfortunate to hear about your treatment length (I know I would have preferred shorter), but good to know I'll have someone to talk with down the road. I'm sure you'll adjust rather quickly to having the trays in/out during the day. The first week is certainly trying, but it's remarkable how quickly you adapt to wearing the aligners. I agree, the end result is by far the best motivator and I'm sure it will serve as my proverbial 'light at the end of the tunnel' over the course of the next couple years. Good luck brother! Keep us updated.

Regards,
    Crush

hello!

:wave: been lurking here for a while. i just got into my aligners yesterday. so far its been interesting. Plan - 34 Uppers and 38 Lowers with a reassessment after the first round is complete. @_@

First round 28U/L - Just started tray 2 last night. Definitely tighter than the first set! I have been told that there will most likely be refinements, so keeping my mind open about it being longer than 56 weeks. But if this does anything close to the clinichek I will be very happy.
    5/03/2011 Round 1 28U/28L
    6/29/2012 Refinements #1 18U/18L
    1/29/2013 Finish Refine #1
    3/07/2013 Refinements #2 16U/16L started 4 attachments , 2 buttons, , power ridges
    6/07/2013 Trays 6-12 10 days/set
    8/10/2013 Overcorrection trays 14-16 3 wks/set elastics on left only left molars not aligned
    Total trays - 28+18+16 = 62

I have 24U/L, I'm currently on Tray No. 2.

So far, so good. Hopefully, any refinement period won't take too long! =)

I'm on set 6 of 24U and 17L, so almost a quarter of the way through :-)

I've been told that I am a more complex case so am surprised to see some people needing up to twice as many as myself.

Doh

Hey everyone! Love reading everyone's posts...makes me feel less insane seeing others having same complaints -haha! I started my treatment Feb 28th and I'm on tray 8/36 (ugh!). Went to my monthly checkup yesterday and my dentist was not happy. The jerk made me go back to my last tray and wants me to wear them another week. ;) LOL Honestly, I hadn't been wearing them like I should. I like to snack at work and some days I would have them out practically all day. I thought I was making up for it by wearing them 12 hours at night. Lesson learned!! Time to suck it up :braces: I think my bad habit added another 2 months on to my treatment after calculating it...looks like I'll be finished around July 2012.

On another note the technician I spoke with said that around tray #10 or so the dentist might put some spacers in. Has anyone had this done? Sounds painful and not looking forward to it!

I have 8 U and 7 L...yay! It is not express.

I have 20 U and L . I will most likely need refinements.

I have 49U/49L

19 U and 24 L...

Crikey abby! 49!! And my dentist said mine was a 'complex case'! Good luck!

:)
    Check out my Invisalign blog: http://jamiesinvisalign.blogspot.com/ :)

35. i have 20 U and 22 L
    i'm currently on tray 3 (started on monday)...i was told about 11-16 months....
    not sure if i'll need refinements, but i'm thinking it's a possibility, depends on how big this little gap by my front upper teeth is going to get and if it'll really bother me or not...
    but, if i stick to just the 22 trays, it should take only 11 months...
    20/20 u
    22/22 l

1/17
    1/17
    :( refinements

my clincheck
    http://vimeo.com/26684891

my blog: i get it, i have bad teeth

I'm not sure how many trays for upper and lower, but I was told that I would be wearing them for 9-12 mos. I'm gonna ask how many trays for upper and lower. I'm pretty sure I'll have less lower trays than upper trays.

37. finally, i had my first U/L trays last night! feel so good to finally have them on!

1 out of 36!

Blog Entries
    Wow, I see some of us are around the 50 trays mark. Crush, Dee24, Abby2441 and myself.

Any special comments from your ortho? Mine said that 2 years is a very long time to predict with accuracy how teeth will move, and that I surely would need new moulds taken after 1 year or so (only for the lower arch, which is the one that needs 48 trays).
    What about you?
    • Invisalign 1st round: 23/26U - 23/60L - 13 attachments. Stopped at tray 23.
    • Mid-course correction: 15/15U - 37/37L - 11 attachments - DONE!
    • Refinements: 33/33U - 33/33L - 17 attachments
    • Refinements - 2nd round: 8/18U - 8/18L - 10 attachments

39. Long here too...

Is it sad that I don't know how many trays I have? Ortho said 20 mos. Egads I didn't think my teeth were that bad. Today is only day 3, so it is going to be a long haul. I'm hoping 20 mos includes refinements.

I've been very diligent with 22+ hrs a day. To help, i went cold turkey off caffeine during summer vacation to make life easier now.

I find that the buttons are very sharp so I almost prefer to have them in. Is this common? I have 13 buttons in total.

40. Hi Everyone!
    So glad I found this forum! I am currently on trays 4/33 for both upper and lower. I have a slight overjet on top and a narrower top arch. I also have one tooth that is behind the others due to a baby tooth not willing to fall out (and dentist unwilling to pull it), so the adult tooth grew behind the baby tooth. I only need my arch rounded on the bottom, but my ortho timed my upper and lower trays so that they would finish at the same time. I am also the proud owner of 13 attachments -- 4 on top and 9 on the bottom.

I haven't had any problems thus far. My trays are tight for the first day or so. I haven't had any problems with rubbing or real discomfort. I haven't had a problem keeping them in for the 22+ hours a day or brushing my teeth at work or in public. I did manage to have 3 attachments come off thus far, but they were reattached and all seems to be well. That being said, I am looking forward to seeing some visible progress, as all of my changes have been with my back teeth thus far!

41. I have 18 lower and 18 upper. I'm on tray 7. Yayyy! :)

42. On week 3!

I have 16U/16L and am on tray two. I haven't had any problems except some slight soreness from my aligners rubbing my gums the first couple of days. I can actually feel a bit of a difference when I floss, which is great!!

I got my first tray late Monday, September 19th. By Wednesday I was starting to have all these weird reactions that many have wrote about but continued on thinking things would work out as my system got accustomed to aligners. However by start of second week no improvement. On Friday, after my Dentist spoke with Invisalign rep they had me stop wearing aligners to see if symptoms stopped, which they did.

I am now back to square 1 waiting for new hypo-allergenic trays to be made. Today I would have moved to tray 2, but now I will be waiting til new trays come in. :(
    U - 19 of 19 :party:
    L - 21 of 21
    6 - Attachments

Refinements
    U - 8 of 8 Passive trays
    L - 8 of 8
    3 - Attachments

Waiting on Vivera Retainers
    :party:

44. So far I'll be wearing mine for about 9 months I think (though I don't know about refinements). I have 13 on the lower and 20 on the upper. I'm on tray 3 for both now and everything has been going ok so far.
    Has anyone else started to feel more confident and better about their teeth this early on in treatment? Mine are still really crooked and I haven't seen any noticeable difference but I just already feel more confident I think because I know I am on the path to getting better teeth:) I've started smiling and laughing much more. Also it's strange but for so many years I was so shy about my teeth that I would always try to hide them when talking to people but now I have to start teaching myself to open my mouth more when I talk :)

Nicki
    U - 3/20
    L - 3/13

I know what you mean! I used to hide my teeth and rarely smile...wouldn't dare ask someone if I had food in my teeth! Right away after starting treatment it gave me confidence :) Can't wait for the finished product! It'll be so nice to only have to wear a retainer at night.

36U
    29L
    Last edited by aidlilmom; 10-11-2011 at 05:02 PM.

I have already added several weeks onto my initial estimate of around 9 months or so after having reaction to my first set of trays.

I got my hypo-allergenic trays yesterday afternoon so hoping I do not have any issues with these. Although my dentist said there are two other types of plastic they can still try. I just want to get this process going.
    L - 21 of 21
    6 - Attachments

Refinements
    U - 8 of 8 Passive trays
    L - 8 of 8
    3 - Attachments

Quote Originally Posted by SharonV View Post
    I have already added several weeks onto my initial estimate of around 9 months or so after having reaction to my first set of trays.

I got my hypo-allergenic trays yesterday afternoon so hoping I do not have any issues with these. Although my dentist said there are two other types of plastic they can still try. I just want to get this process going.
    Good luck!!
    U31 & L23 finished.
    Refinements U13 & L14 finished.
    Bonded retainer on upper and night wear for removable retainers at night - review in 1 year.

Thanks GoofyGG, You must be really excited to be so close to finishing.

Unfortunately, I did not take to well to this next set of aligners either. The reaction was not as bad as the last majority symptoms have calmed down with help of benadryl but one side of my face is still somewhat swollen. So I am still wearing the tray while waiting for hypo set 2 to arrive. :(.

I figure as long as benadryl can keep most things in check I will just suck it up and wear it so I can move on to tray 2 when new ones come in.
    L - 21 of 21
    6 - Attachments

Refinements
    U - 8 of 8 Passive trays
    L - 8 of 8
    3 - Attachments

49. Quote Originally Posted by sayuri92 View Post
    I have 18 lower and 18 upper. I'm on tray 7. Yayyy! :)
    That is inspiring! I have 18 U and 18 L as well. My ortho originally quoted me 24 months with Invisalign, which is what the payment plan is scheduled for. Now, I find that I only have 18 trays for both upper and lower, which brings to 9 months. I asked about it today when I got the attachments put on and they said they would see where I am at the end of the 18 trays and then determine if I'll need extra or if I'm done. Has anyone finished around the same time the ortho originally projected? I am really hoping it is closer to 9 months rather than 24. I'm on tray 2 and have already seen quite an improvement! =)

I have 22U and 22L. My dentist said I'll be all done in 10.5 months. Just started yesterday. :)
    CLOSING the Gaps! :lips:
    11/22 U
    11/22 L
    Half way there! Woo Hoo!! :clapping: