Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    aba424 Guest

Invisalign Cost

The cost is going to vary greatly depending on whether a dentist or orthodontist will be doing your invisalign treatment, with orthodontists obviously charging more. Sometimes if your teeth are really bad, you may need braces in addition to invisalign treatment. This may increase your overall cost. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Mine cost 4,300 (4,000 for the aligners, and 300 for my dentist to cover all visits him him during treatment).

Regular braces were quoted at 3,300, so I figured that if I'm going to be paying that much, I may as well pay a bit more and get the ones I really wanted.

Glad I did too, results so far are superb.

Mine was just under 6000 euro (in Cork, Ireland) and as with Mossy I can claim 40% back on tax credits (or 25% as of the last budget!)

Mine was $5,000 US. Just got the moldings done yesterday and can't wait to get started. I have written a lot about my consultation, decision making, and initial Invisalign visit to get fitted on my blog: My Invisalign Experience
    I encourage anyone to check it out and leave a comment or question!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmekids View Post
    Gosh Im paying $7800 and that includes just the aligners. I still have to pay for the retainer when Im finished. Thats in Australian dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by myhollywoodsmile View Post
    HI there, I am in Brisbane, Australia and am paying $6300 all in, including whitening.

$7,800 AUD ($Australain) = $5,050 USD ($US)
    $6,300 AUD = $4,080 USD.

Per xe.com currency converter.

Though it can be interesting to compare our costs, when the comparison is between folks in different countries, it's a bit misleading, given exchange rates can fluctuate (sometimes wildly) over the timeframe of a typical course of orthodontic treatment. www.xe.com gives a great snapshot in time (for the current day) but to take the above example, during the period from 24th August 2008 to 28th October 2008, the exchange rate varied between 1.14 and 1.65 (History of Australian vs. US Dollar Exchange Rates) so that $7800 AUD would have been equivalent to anything from $4727 and $6842 USD. If you were considering comparisons between the USD and the GBP, the range would be even greater over the past year or so. On 23rd January 2009, the pound dipped to a dismal $1.36 USD, having been at over $2 as recently as last summer. (This stuff actually geeks me out a bit, and also irks me, since somehow whenever I need to travel to Europe the dollar seems to be in the ditch)

It would really be more meaningful to compare the costs between one country and another in terms of average take-home pay, or average discretionary income. Of course, that would not be an easy comparison to pull together. Still, Bracesreview posted a link earlier this week to a news piece about people travelling from the USA to Mexico for more affordable dental care (http://www.bracesreview.com/forums/n...oa-tucson.html) and I wonder how inexpensive the rates quoted in that piece would seem to be to the people who live and work in Nogales.

7. My treatment is costing 5000. This includes the initial consultation, impressions, clincheck, all the trays and any refinements that are required. I think this maybe a little more expensive than average, but I really liked the ortho so decided to go with it.
    Simon
    26U / 20L
    Started Invisalign : 10 Feb 2009

Markham, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Stouffville
    The cost of Invisalign varies by geography/competition, type of provider (dentist or orthodontist), complexity of your treatment, and experience level of the provider.

Geography/competition: Where you have more providers who are looking for your business, you may find more competitive pricing. However, in big cities, there may be additional cost due to rent, marketing etc.

Type of provider: In general, orthodontists charge more for Invisalign but this a generality rather than the rule.

Complexity: Difficulty of movement increases the amount of time required in treatment. Longer and more difficult treatments cost more

Experience level of the provider: More experienced providers generally treat more complicated cases and will be more costly.

Most offices charge more for Invisalign than traditional braces. Our office does not, but this is more the exception than the rule. Avg cost for braces in the Toronto area is probably about $5800 with Invisalign probably in the mid 6s.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by myhollywoodsmile View Post
    HI there, I am in Brisbane, Australia and am paying $6300 all in, including whitening.

I found your blog this morning, very helpful!

Blog Entries

Ihic!!

Quote Originally Posted by IHIC View Post
    Mine will be costing me 2400 (I am in the UK). That includes both top and bottom aligners, retainers and whitening... plus any refinements that are needed till everythings how it's meant to be.
    Hi IHIC! I have my first consultation at the same clinic as you have been posting about :-)

Your right about them seeming so helpful. I rang up 3 other clinics in Cambridge and they were so pushy or off-hand.

This one seems the only one in the area to have a free consultation and its for 40 minutes. Other quotes i got were 50 for 30 minutes, 50 for 15 minutes and 65 for 15 minutes!

Are you going to go ahead with the treatment?

Hi Princess Lauren,
    Glad to be of help! I got so much useful information from other people's blogs before embarking on my treatment that I'm trying to put as much on my own as possible.

I am moving onto set 8 this week and will try and post some more on my blog then. I'm still going great although my new braces bootcamp isn't particularly successful as yet...
    Visit my Invisalign Braces Blog MY Hollywood Smile

Blog Entries

How to Spot the Cheapest Invisalign Provider

How to Spot the Cheapest Invisalign Provider

I am quite a known 'bargain hunting queen' amongst my friends. When I want to buy something, I compare, compare and compare! Just like Invisalign, I compared between a lot of websites, all the offers and dentist credentials before making the decision.

London, perhaps, just perhaps, is the cheapest place to get your Invisalign treatment done. Many people have asked me how much I paid for my Invisalign and their reaction tend to be slightly 'astonished' when they heard the figure: 1895. To be honest, with the economic downturn, you can find an even cheaper price than what I paid 6 months ago. And frankly, just within seconds using your finger tip by typing in 'Invisalign London' in the Google search.

To read the full article, please visit my blog:
    My Invisalign Clear Braces: How to Spot the Cheapest Invisalign Provider
    :party:

Good luck in searching for a good deal! :)

Wow, that is cheap!

I too spent a lot of time looking for an Invisalign provider. For me though I was limited by the fact that most orthodontists weren't willing to treat me as they simply didn't have the experience for a complex case like mine

I also wanted an orthodontist rather than a dentist and a platinum provider and where I live the cheapest orthodontists were the ones that were just starting out in Invisalign and trying to get a lot of patients to gain experience. The established ones that were very experienced were more expensive.

In London presumably there is more competition so even more experienced providers offer better deals. Here, if you want a platinum elite provider (see my blog to find out what that means) you have to pay more. I think it is worth it though for me, to get the result that I want.

The orthodontist that I chose in the end was expensive but is a platinum Elite provider and I feel very comfortable with him. When I originally found him the term platinum elite didn't exist, so I was pleased to see that he was one recently. I have written a post recently to describe what the differences are in the different level providers as it can be confusing.

Anyway, great blog Invisaligngirl!
    Last edited by myhollywoodsmile; 04-07-2009 at 01:31 AM.

It is actually quite scary how health care has become something to find a "deal" in.

There are many factors for why fees differ between providers and in different countries. myhollywoodsmile's blog entry tells only part of the story.

There are a lot of general dentists around that do both braces and Invisalign. It becomes a very awkward situation when they refer their own friends and family to us, but perform treatment on their own patients.

In the end, a lower cost treatment is not worthwhile if it doesn't do what you want. Certainly, there are situations where treatment by a less experienced provider may work out ok, but you are less likely to run into problems with those who have more experience.

As an orthodontist who has seen patients who have had treatment overseas in lesser developed countries, as well as with local general dentists and orthodontists with "good deals", my advice would be to look at a host of factors, including the treatment fee. After all, as much as there is a change in aesthetics, there is also a significant health care component as well.
    Dr Jason K Tam
    Markham Orthodontist, Stouffville Orthodontist, Oshawa

Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign, Teen Provider, Invisalign Speaker's Bureau
    2012 Las Vegas Invisalign Case Finalist
    2014 Invisalign Case Publication

Invisalign in Toronto Blog
    **NEW** Before and After Invisalign 2.0 Video
    Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

MCO Orthodontics Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MarkhamCentreOrthodontics View Post
    \

There are many factors for why fees differ between providers and in different countries. myhollywoodsmile's blog entry tells only part of the story.
    Not sure whether you actually mean my blog entry or Invisalign Girl's? She is the one that has written about prices of Orthodontists and how to get a deal. I chose my orthodontists on reasons other than price (i.e. experience and the fact that my provider was the most experienced I could find)as you can see in my entry here. Cost wasn't a factor (which is probably why I am paying over $6300 compared to Invisalign girls 1895 GBP). I just wondered whether you mixed up our names or entries?
    Last edited by myhollywoodsmile; 04-07-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Actually I did mean your blog, myhollywoodsmile, and I did not mean this in any negative manner. You shopped around on aspects other than price. However, there are a lot of factors beyond what the consumer sees that influence the pricing of Invisalign.

There may be rebates obtained by higher volume or more experienced providers. Some, such as our office, choose to pass this savings on to our patients, despite being the only Premier Provider in a large geographical area. Certain providers may just line up the teeth without regard to occlusion. Others may straighten your teeth with violations of normal biological/orthodontic principles. The level of customer service, items included in a starter package, location, are all factors that will contribute to the Invisalign fee.

Does one orthodontist or their staff make you feel more comfortable or treat you better? After all, you will be seeing them relatively often over the course of 1-2 years. Having better staff may require the office to charge a higher fee also.

I will say that it is extremely difficult for a consumer to find the "right" provider in such a highly specialized field, especially with the heavy marketing surrounding Invisalign. Like anything else, gather all the information possible to determine the correct Invsialign provider for you. Good luck!
    Dr Jason K Tam

Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

Quote Originally Posted by luvmekids View Post
    Gosh Im paying $7800 and that includes just the aligners. I still have to pay for the retainer when Im finished. Thats in Australian dollars.
    Where abouts in Australia are you? how many trays upper and lower,
    I've been quoted $7100 for 12 uppers and 20 lowers.

18. Wow that's steep!

I have to wear them for 6 months. Cost: $3,000.
    I found a Money-magazine coupon from my dentist for $500 off. Within weeks I saw several other dentist's copying her.

Unless you have more money than time, I'd search for ways to get discounts if you really like that dentist.

Truthfully, if I'd know everything in advance, I probably would have chosen the metal braces.

Blog Entries
    I am paying just under 2,200 for my treatment which includes all aligners, refinement, teeth whitening kit, invisalign retainers, repairs to worn teeth and adding to teeth that look small or misshaped, 1 years after care, teeth polishing and stain removal, x-rays and models... I am very happy with that price!!

I just started my treatment today.:clapping:

My dentist just started her own practice, and was training her staff to fit patients for Invisalign. The timing was perfect, because I had just decided to finally get my teeth straightened. She set up one day with the Invisalign representatives for training, and all of her patients that went in for that day were offered a fairly generous discount of $1000.

After the "guinae pig" discount, my insurance (which covered another $1000), and a 20% discount for paying in full on the date of delivery, my total was $2960 (USD).

She said I could choose to go with the Express, but explained the issue of not being able to do refinements. I figured that, for the price, I may as well make sure I can get as close to my perception of perfect as possible, so I opted against the Express.

My lowers aren't bad at all. I only need 4 aligners for them. My uppers are going to take about 18-24. She'll reassess the teeth after aligner #10.

I'm having 17 invisalign trays on top, and 12 on bottom for 2,400 in UK (Cambridge)
    Lucy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy1986 View Post
    I'm having 17 invisalign trays on top, and 12 on bottom for 2,400 in UK (Cambridge)
    Lucy
    Lucy - sounds like you are going to the same place as me! :bye: I'm based near Cambridge so its not to far for me to drive. I am very happy with everything so far :clapping:

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLauren View Post
    Hi IHIC! I have my first consultation at the same clinic as you have been posting about :-)

Your right about them seeming so helpful. I rang up 3 other clinics in Cambridge and they were so pushy or off-hand.

This one seems the only one in the area to have a free consultation and its for 40 minutes. Other quotes i got were 50 for 30 minutes, 50 for 15 minutes and 65 for 15 minutes!

Are you going to go ahead with the treatment?
    Hi PrincessLauren,

I'm really sorry I have taken SO long to reply to your previous post... I haven't logged in for a long while.

Wow, so you are with H House for your Invisalign?

I still haven't managed to go for a consultation yet no... as money is just so tight :( I am cool with the monthly repayments but it's finding that 1400 deposit, I just can't seem to save the money up as most of my money is spoken for so I cannot save.

I could get a loan or do it on my 0% credit card, but I don't think that's such a good idea as I already have a 6000 loan to pay and a balance of over 2500 on my credit card... wacking another 1400 on my credit card would make my minimum monthly repayments TOO high for me right now, then having to pay 100 a month for the rest of the 2400 balance, I just wouldn't be able to afford it :(... I'm trying to come up with something though lol because I really want to get Invisalign.

How is everything going so far?

I am paying just under 2,200 for my treatment which includes all aligners, refinement, teeth whitening kit, invisalign retainers, repairs to worn teeth and adding to teeth that look small or misshaped, 1 years after care, teeth polishing and stain removal, x-rays and models... I am very happy with that price!!
    2200!? that's even cheaper than what I was quoted, I was quoted 2800... if I could get a quote for 2200 that would make things alot easier.
    Last edited by IHIC; 07-08-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hi IHIC!

Yeah I have gone for H House, I am really impressed and pleased so far. I am on set 4 now of 23/U and 26/L, its going really quickly.

Have tempted a couple of people I work with into straightening their teeth with invisalign but again its the cost thats stopping them doing it.

I had 1,000 to put towards it so just had to borrow 1,200 which I am paying back over the next 2 years. Its a lot of money and I only regretted it in the first 24 hrs as it was so painful!

Keep saving :-)

Hi IHIC!

Yeah I have gone for H House, I am really impressed and pleased so far. I am on set 4 now of 23/U and 26/L, its going really quickly.

Have tempted a couple of people I work with into straightening their teeth with invisalign but again its the cost thats stopping them doing it.

I had 1,000 to put towards it so just had to borrow 1,200 which I am paying back over the next 2 years. Its a lot of money and I only regretted it in the first 24 hrs as it was so painful!

Keep saving :-)
    Hi Lauren,

I'm so glad you are pleased so far!

I still can't get over the prices H House charge for full Invisalign lol... I doubt anyone can beat their prices!

The 1200 you are paying back over 2 years... is that through your ortho? or did you take out some other form of credit?

I'm saving! :p:thumb: I'm also selling a few things I don't use anymore, or that I have bought and never used which should get me a good few hundred pounds to put towards it.

Luckily I don't smoke or drink so wont have to worry about wasting money on that instead.

I'll be following your blog for any updates :bye:

Blog Entries
    I know, its a great price! Especially as he is one of the best. And they are all great at H House, no complaints on the service at all.

I borrowed the money off my parents so my payments come out of that money for 11 months then I am paying my parents back over the next 22 months.

Good luck!

27. I paid $4300 in central CT. Just 50 miles away my future DIL went to a dentist down in the southwest of the state and was quoted $7,000! Needless to say she will be coming to my dentist. (he was not even a premier/elite dentist either)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mommamorin View Post
    I paid $4300 in central CT. Just 50 miles away my future DIL went to a dentist down in the southwest of the state and was quoted $7,000! Needless to say she will be coming to my dentist. (he was not even a premier/elite dentist either)
    $7000 seems to be the going rate at some places. My orthodontist (based in South Florida) really charges $6800 for Invisalign but because he only expects me to be there a year (+/- some refinements), he knocked off $2000. I would have walked away at his original price but at $4800, I was willing to deal ($5500 was the max I was willing to pay). He's been great the 2 times I've seen him. I'm hoping that I get the chance to see him next week or sometime very soon to pick up my trays. I'm ready to start now that my calendar is clear. He's a premier provider.
    Last edited by anijh; 07-16-2009 at 12:29 PM.

cost for 9 month invisalign

My cost for 9 months is $5400. I didn't shop around because my dentist is literally a couple of doors down from where I live and the convenience is more than worth it. Plus I like him and his team. I don't have dental insurance, but I do have a HSA so at least it's tax free money.

Blog Entries
    Hi

I have 11 upper and 8 lower with whitening, refinements untill they are perfect and all app's x-rays, moulds and all the other bits included for 1995.
    I'm also in the UK, and my ortho is a premier elite invisalign provider so i think i got a really good deal!!!
    Treatment time is 25 weeks.

Sounds like you got a good deal. I paid 2495, I have 17 upper and 14 lower with whitening and refinements. I think my ortho charges that as standard though, regardless of the number of trays Invisalign prescribe

Blog Entries
    you seem to have had a good deal to!!!!!
    Must be a lot cheaper in the UK where in the west mids are you kezza???

Im in Coventry!! Im ashamed to say I didnt shop around before I started my treatment... No complaints so far though, he has been fab :D

How is your first week going now?

Blog Entries
    ooh not far from me im in stoke!!!
    i no i didnt shop arond either!!!
    well to be honest i went in to the ortho for teeh bleaching and came out with invisalign aswell!!! i onyl went in because there was 100 off the whitening!!!!

my first week was ok thanks in my 2nd now which is a lot better now i no what im doing!!!!

Good to hear, good luck with the rest of your treatment!

Blog Entries
    My treatment was $5250. Not exactly sure how many trays I'll have, as I just picked up my first trays earlier this week. It'll be at least 1.5 years worth.

I'm from NZ and my treatment (including extractions, teeth sealants, all appts, whitening, tooth mousse, refinements and mid-course correction) for $8200 - this converts into about $5400 US Dollars. This is for 22 Lowers and 34 Uppers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .oO ROSIEEE Oo.

38. You guys pay how much?!
    I got mine for free on the NHS after my fixed braces were removed.
    I'll have to pay around sixty pounds (not dollars) if I lose them or they break, but apart from that they were free.

Blog Entries
    Toxic are you sure you've got invisalign to move your teeth ... or do you have retainers that look like the invisalign aligners to keep your teeth stable and where they need to be? A little movement can be made with these retainers, but they're not invisalign.
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

$6600 (free financing), estimated 18-24 months of treatment. I am not sure how many trays, I just got my first six sets and it says 1 of 60?

Anyway - I probably could have gotten it cheaper but my ortho is listed as platinum so I wanted to make sure I got exactly what I wanted since this is the second time I have had braces. That includes all the trays, visits, bleach, bonding (upper and lower), TADs, etc.

He also believes he will be able to fix my open bite in the front which I didn't think was possible without surgery (he is going to use temporary anchor devices).

Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    My husband just got an estimate of $6600 from NJ. That seems outrages. Does it pay to shop around?
    The best price i would suggest is from a dentist named Dr. Charles brotol, he actually had a price for it under $4000. I got them and the service by his staff is excellent. Im in my 6th month and i see a big difference, just 8 more months :)

My humble opinion is that it would be prudent to wait for finished results before determining whether a treatment was "worth" the cost. Remember that every person has a different malocclusion and Invisalign cost is going to reflect that.

To get teeth to about 80% of where they should be is not difficult. Finishing treatment with a perfect smile and bite is much harder and requires an experienced provider, as evidenced by those on this board going through refinement(s) :).
    Dr Jason K Tam

Stouffville Braces Blog

Markham Braces Blog

43. I was quoted $6,900 for 12 months of treatment. That includes all xrays, molds for Invisalign treatment, mid-course correction if necessary and I think one refinement at end? Whatever is included in the standard treatment. It does NOT include braces if needed for any additional refinement which they said I might need on the bottom - for a few months. I asked for a estimate on a quote for braces on bottom at end and they said about another $1,000 and if it is only if something really minor has to be refined, might not even be necessary.

Also includes top and bottom retainers for end of treatment.

I was told I will definitely need attachments but no elastics with Invisalign. With braces definitely box elastics.
    I was told I won't know how many attachments are needed until Clincheck is in and I was not offered the option to review Clincheck before going ahead with Invisalign but I wonder if that option is available? I'd think there would be some charge.

Believe it or not this ortho HIGHLY recommends Invisalign for me over traditional braces. I have an anterior open bite, a posterior cross bite one one side and moderate crowding on top and bottom. Also definitely need IPR.

Additionally traditional braces are $2,000 LESS than Invisalign. This is because the ortho is a member of my insurance plan. Insurance is able to dictate how much is charged for traditional braces - whereas there is no limit on Invisalign and insurance does not consider it an 'acceptable' form of orthodontia yet. I was told it is too new of a method. I was also told by the ortho that traditional braces would take 18 months, Invisalign estimate time is 12 months. That said any ortho consult I've had estimated 18-24 months in traditional braces.

I am in NJ.
    Last edited by melgreen; 12-03-2009 at 04:03 PM.

44. for low prices , check out your local dentist school. just got mine done for 3000$ from a leading dentist school in Manhattan. Most of the procedure is performed by a experienced specialized dentist. part of the procedure may be performed by a student , but always looked over by a experienced dentist.
    I think that the procedure is very simple and there is no need to spend lots of money for it. So far I have been very satisfied with my experience.

45. Quote Originally Posted by new_invisalign View Post
    I think that the procedure is very simple and there is no need to spend lots of money for it. So far I have been very satisfied with my experience.
    It really depends on the individual case - some are 'easier' to correct then others. I've opted against Invisalign given the complexity of my case. My dentist as well as the majority of other orthos I consulted with said go with traditional braces to correct my issues, that Invisalign is definitely not recommended - - and there is also the risk (even mentioned by the ortho who recommended Ivisalign himself) that Invisalign won't totally correct my teeth and I will then need braces as well. Every case is different. Sounds as though for some patients, Invisalign is great.

Best of luck with your journey!

$2140 US here.

I got Invisalign Express plus the Vivera retainers.

This may be a somewhat controversial post, but I think it is worth letting this thread know.

Just a word of caution for those looking for a "deal" with Invisalign right now. You'll find many around, including costs that are just about at the cost of treatment for the doctor due to the updated proficiency requirements from Sept 30th, 2009.

The additional six month qualification period stipulates that:

Doctors who do not meet the proficiency requirements for 2009 but have at least one shipped case and at least one Invisalign CE hour at the end of this year will be allowed to maintain their active provider status through June 30, 2010.

Doctors who qualify for the additional six month qualification period can secure their provider status for the second half of 2010 by meeting half of the annual proficiency requirements (at least five shipped cases and five Invisalign CE hours) between January 1 and June 30, 2010.

Doctors will still be responsible for meeting the total annual requirements of at least ten shipped cases and ten Invisalign CE hours by the end of 2010 to qualify as providers for the following year.

Doctors with zero shipped cases or zero Invisalign CE hours at the end of 2009 will not be eligible for the additional qualification period. They will be able to continue treating in-progress cases but will not be able to submit new Invisalign cases or use Invisalign branding or marketing resources.

I've seen a lot of ads online for prices of Invisalign that really aren't feasible, except for doctors who want to save the $2000 recertification fee, and need to go through the one-day training again, by basically doing work for free or less... This will only happen with doctors who have not met the requirements and in many cases, who have not treated a single case in 2009.

Remember to do your research on the experience of your doctor before starting any treatment as Invisalign is a technique, not a product :).
    Dr Jason K Tam

Stouffville Braces Blog

Markham Braces Blog

Quote Originally Posted by toxicbutterfly View Post
    You guys pay how much?!
    I got mine for free on the NHS after my fixed braces were removed.
    I'll have to pay around sixty pounds (not dollars) if I lose them or they break, but apart from that they were free.
    I have never heard of Invisalign on the NHS (of course, I could be wrong...). You can get traditional ('train track') braces on the NHS though, like I should have done when I was your age! But because the letter got 'lost' I then turned 18 and was no longer in education so wouldn't get a brace for free and would have to pay.

Someone asked on an Invisalign Facebook group I am on whether Invisalign was available on the NHS... I sent them this link: Orthodontics on the NHS

"Orthodontic treatment is only available free of charge on the NHS for young people who are under 18 years of age and who have a clear clinical need for treatment.

A rating system, known as the Index of Orthodontic Treatment Need (IOTN), is used to assess the need and eligibility of individual cases. The IOTN is made up of five grades, which are listed below.

Grade 1: almost perfect teeth.

Grade 2: minor irregularities with the teeth, such as slightly protruding upper front teeth.

Grade 3: greater irregularities with the teeth do not require treatment for health reasons. For example, upper front teeth that protrude 4mm (0.15 inches) or less.

Grade 4: a severe degree of irregularity with the teeth that requires treatment for health reasons. For example, upper front teeth that protrude more than 6mm (0.25 inches).

Grade 5: severe dental health problems. For example, upper front teeth that protrude more than 9mm (0.35 inches).

NHS treatment is available for grade four or five cases. Grade three cases are usually judged on a case-by-case basis, and treatment may be made available if the appearance of the teeth is particularly unattractive."
    So if some how you can have Invisalign through the NHS, most of the UK adult users on here wouldn't be able to get it for free anyway, unlike yourself because you are still under 18.

Edit: just came across this post by 'MarkhamCentreOrthodontics':
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkhamCentreOrthodontics View Post
    It is a common misconception that essix retainers are Invisalign. We have patients who ask if they are getting Invisalign as retainers. They look very similar but serve extremely different functions.

Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment to move teeth. If you've had a full course of braces, there would be no need for Invisalign after, since the tooth movement should have been complete. Invisalign-style retainers, or essix retainers are one way of preserving alignment and occlusion after orthodontic care.
    So perhaps you are wearing a retainer, not Invisalign.

By the way, I don't mean this reply to sound like I am correcting you or being 'off'. It's just I've never known Invisalign to be available on the NHS and didn't want other UK users to think it was when it might not be the case.
    Last edited by IHIC; 12-26-2009 at 01:55 AM.

I was fortunate enough to drum up a package deal with my ortho down here. I had my wisdom teeth removed (ALL 4!!) and got my invisalign treatment started for approx $6,000-7,000 dollars.

I'm in Lincoln, Nebraska and the cost is $3460. No insurance help as they don't cover adult orthodontics (but I'll get 'em next year when my teenager gets his put on ;) ).