Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm in Charlotte, NC using an Invisalign Preferred provider (dentist). insurance does not cover my adult ortho either. I'm paying $3800 for 14 bottom trays (crowding), 8 top trays (spacing), consults every 6 weeks, whitening at the end of treatment, any 'course corrections', as required, and 4 retainers at the end of treatment to keep my teeth where they will be. Using my Health Savings Account to pay for this, I basically can pay for this with pre-tax dollars which will decrease my taxable income for 2010.

I recently started Invisalign treatment with a Premier Provider Orthodontist on the upper east side of New York City. She quoted me $6,700, but provided me with a $1,000 promotional discount and $300 upfront payment discount, bringing the total to $5,400.

When I received my first set of trays, I was very surprised that I was an express case with only 10 upper and lower trays. I have a lot of gaps and I'm doubtful that everything will be closed in 10 trays. I asked if refinements would be available if necessary and she said yes. Despite everything I've read stating otherwise, I wasn't going to argue with her, but there's one part of me that feels like she saw me coming and there's another part of me that saids maybe the price is justified by her expertise. I was impressed by her resume.

6k here in CT

U 12
    L 8

U 10
    L 9

My treatment is $5800 + $335 for the study models for a total of $6135. My insurance is paying $2000 and then I'm paying the remaining part with my Medical Flex Spending Account (FSA). FSA account is pretax money taken from my paycheck for medical expenses.

By the calculations I've done, using my FSA will save me about $1600 because using the FSA lowers my taxable income. For example they are taking $104 from my paycheck pretax, but my net income after taxes only went down about $50.

I highly recommend using your FSA if your company offers one. The only downside to FSA is you have to allocate the money at the beginning of the year and if you don't use all the money you lose it.

5. I live in Michigan. We have a low cost of living here (and salaries, accordingly). $3400 for 7 Top/ 14 Lower. This is for InvisAlign Full, which includes any course corrections, etc. No whitening though. And it's through an orthodontist. I think it's a good deal and I'm not sure but it may be so inexpensive also because my cousin is a dentist, and he referred me to him-as his friend (and reputable ortho).

I am lucky, our company provides funds for us to use for vision, dental, medical each year in an HRA account. The $$ rolls over from year to year and I had a significant balance from last year. I am getting a large portion of this reimbursed through this account. I feel very fortunate. Especially considering my teeth movement was due to my own irresponsible behavior as a teenager/young 20s when I NEVER wore my retainer after my metal braces.

For those looking for price, read through the blogs. I did see a lot of negative postings about dentists performing InvisAlign. This is not to say they are all bad, just be careful-moving teeth is not their expertise.
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
    -InvisalignViolet
    Top 7/ Bottom 16
    Invisalign Full

6. Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    My treatment is $5800 + $335 for the study models for a total of $6135. My insurance is paying $2000 and then I'm paying the remaining part with my Medical Flex Spending Account (FSA). FSA account is pretax money taken from my paycheck for medical expenses.

By the calculations I've done, using my FSA will save me about $1600 because using the FSA lowers my taxable income. For example they are taking $104 from my paycheck pretax, but my net income after taxes only went down about $50.

I highly recommend using your FSA if your company offers one. The only downside to FSA is you have to allocate the money at the beginning of the year and if you don't use all the money you lose it.

Agreed, FSAs are great. I do want to warn a lot of you that they will be changing soon. Healthcare reform is going to be limiting what you can do with them. I haven't made it through the entire list of changes yet, but overview-wise, I know that my Jan 1, 2011 you can no longer reimburse OTCs (over-the-counter items won't affect ortho), but within a few years, you wil be capped at $2500 per year or something. This trend toward limiting FSAs speaks volumes about what could potentially be limited in the future as well (like InvisAlign, which may be considered cosmetic). So, if you're thinking about InvisAlign correction, do it soon).

In no way am I posting this as any sort of discussion starter for any political opinions. Just some information. FYI. Let's keep the braces forum about braces and how to fund them. Thanks!
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
    -InvisalignViolet
    Top 7/ Bottom 16
    Invisalign Full

Clearly this is very much a US forum, but I thought I'd add the costs I've experienced here in the UK. I'm paying about £3500 for about 32 top and 17 bottom trays. I've seen it advertised cheaper elsewhere, but the convenience of having a local dentist you can see if you're having trouble is probably worth it.

Currently blogging my teeth straightening experiences here.
    Last edited by EdZed; 05-13-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    EdZed remember that cheap does not mean a good product. If a dentist is charging prices to undercut orthodontist's, they've still got to make the money somewhere else.

If a person pays more to have treatment with an orthodontist, this is money well invested, as it takes a person with proper orthodontic treatment to understand how teeth move and how to make the correct decision with regard to your teeth during treatment.

Invisalign is not just about a series of trays being made and you starting at the first one and finishing with the last one. You need to be paying an expert to watch this process and make changes as needed.
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

my invisalign cost

im currently living in Italy and I am paying 4000 euro for my invisalign. This currency has some advantages and disadvantages. If value of euro is high then in u.s dollars i'll be paying more however if its low then I spend less. My first payment was 2,022.00(1500 euro) and my 2nd payment was 1848.00(1500 euro). and im paying all of this out of pocket. check out my invisalign blog invisalign experience 2010

10. Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hey I'm new here.

8 months - £3,500

edit: I should add I live in Brighton, UK
    I live in London and have paid £2,500 for my 15month treatment - 22 upper, 11 lower.. I don't know whether I would need refinements / dont recall if they would be included in the price.. Will find out in 2 weeks as I just started with the 11th set...

I'm in Massachusetts and checked out a half dozen Orthos in the area that do Invisilign. They were all in the $6000 +/- range. I did end up paying $6000. Plus I'll need a few cosmetic things done at the end; replace a crown on my front tooth and replace a few old fillings, etc., so probably another $2000 on top of that.

I'm paying £3,900 (approx $6,000) for 31/27 trays includes slendarisation, 6 week appointments, 3 lots of refinement (if needed), whitening, fixed and removable retainers. She is a great orthodontist & I didn't even dream about shopping around for prices.
    U31 & L23 finished.
    Refinements U13 & L14 finished.
    Bonded retainer on upper and night wear for removable retainers at night - review in 1 year.

i was quoted $6500 for invisalign and $5000 for traditional braces. however it would have been 2 1/2 years with weekly ortho visits for minor adjustments and really intense treatment with metal braces but only 6-8 months in total for invisalign with visits every 6 weeks which is why i can justify spendiung the extra $1500.

and also im saving all the money before starting my treatment and paying for it in one go.

Markham, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Stouffville
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    i was quoted $6500 for invisalign and $5000 for traditional braces. however it would have been 2 1/2 years with weekly ortho visits for minor adjustments and really intense treatment with metal braces but only 6-8 months in total for invisalign with visits every 6 weeks which is why i can justify spendiung the extra $1500.

and also im saving all the money before starting my treatment and paying for it in one go.

Not quite familiar with very intense, weekly adjustments for fixed orthodontics. Is the treatment plan and expected outcome the same with braces and Invisalign? The time difference between the two treatments is quite large... Keep in mind that Invisalign is just another way of moving teeth. Biological principles of tooth movement still apply. Good luck!
    Dr Jason K Tam
    Markham Orthodontist, Stouffville Orthodontist, Oshawa

Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign, Teen Provider, Invisalign Speaker's Bureau
    2012 Las Vegas Invisalign Case Finalist
    2014 Invisalign Case Publication

Invisalign in Toronto Blog
    **NEW** Before and After Invisalign 2.0 Video
    Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

MCO Orthodontics Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MarkhamCentreOrthodontics View Post
    Not quite familiar with very intense, weekly adjustments for fixed orthodontics. Is the treatment plan and expected outcome the same with braces and Invisalign? The time difference between the two treatments is quite large... Keep in mind that Invisalign is just another way of moving teeth. Biological principles of tooth movement still apply. Good luck!
    it has something to do with the direction theyre moving my teeth. funnily enough my teeth arent too overly crowded (just slighty on the bottoms) and i only have 2 teeth that need to be rotated slightly. however my teeth do angle inwards and are causing wear on my teeth and are cracking and chipping at them.
    the reasons i was given for such small adjustments each week was simply because of how they were looking at going about moving them because of how they were changing my bite. the outcome with invisalign for me will be much better then with fixed braces.

both orthodontists that i saw about fixed braces agree on the 2 1/2 yrs of tough work, including a lot of bands and steady small adjustments (one of which also provides invisalign), including a lot of bands and steady small adjustments. both were hesitant in going ahead with metal braces as they were concerned my bite would be worse off because of how they would have to go about it and they were worried things would become more difficult down the track.

so after researching invisalign and seeing multiple orthdontists about all both metal and invisalign everyone i have spoken to has agreed that metal braces are an option but that invisalign would give me a better result and a lot less pain and hassle.

ill keep everyone updated with my treatment to see if its of use to anyone.

(ps - i found your videos very informative. it gave me a lot of information that was very easy to understand :) )

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    it has something to do with the direction theyre moving my teeth. funnily enough my teeth arent too overly crowded (just slighty on the bottoms) and i only have 2 teeth that need to be rotated slightly. however my teeth do angle inwards and are causing wear on my teeth and are cracking and chipping at them.
    the reasons i was given for such small adjustments each week was simply because of how they were looking at going about moving them because of how they were changing my bite. the outcome with invisalign for me will be much better then with fixed braces.

both orthodontists that i saw about fixed braces agree on the 2 1/2 yrs of tough work, including a lot of bands and steady small adjustments (one of which also provides invisalign), including a lot of bands and steady small adjustments. both were hesitant in going ahead with metal braces as they were concerned my bite would be worse off because of how they would have to go about it and they were worried things would become more difficult down the track.

so after researching invisalign and seeing multiple orthdontists about all both metal and invisalign everyone i have spoken to has agreed that metal braces are an option but that invisalign would give me a better result and a lot less pain and hassle.

ill keep everyone updated with my treatment to see if its of use to anyone.

(ps - i found your videos very informative. it gave me a lot of information that was very easy to understand :) )
    There are certainly situations in which Invisalign is a better treatment option than fixed braces. It is also possible that these treatments take less time than fixed orthodontics. As long as you understand the goals of treatment, and your orthodontist has explained everything to you, you should be good to go :).

Glad you found the videos helpful and good luck with your treatment!
    Dr Jason K Tam

Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

17. My treatment came out to a total of $5300 in New York City for 48 trays. She said this covers a year of treatment, and if I need any more trays or retainers after a year, it'll be $100/month.

hi,
    for me it cost 15,500 NIS (new israeli shekel), which is about 4080$. for 7 month. it includes the refinments if i'll need, and the retainers.
    i pay it all from my pocket. i dont have insurance..

Blog Entries
    I don't know if someone has already posted this, but the fee can be deceiving. What you really need to look at includes, but is not limited to the following: 1)who is doing the treatment-is it an orthodontist that has done hundreds of cases or a general dentist that has done less than 25 cases, 2)how complex is the problem, 3)what is the goal of treatment- line up the front teeth or make the bite the best possible.

Other things to keep in mind: What is the cost of living in one are of the world versus another. Treatment fees in the US are lower in the rural midwest versus big cities and suburbs. Does the fee include refinements? Retention? Are there additional fees? Records fees?...Even within a big city like Phoenix, there is a big range in fees because of the previously mentioned components. Like most things in life, you tend to get what you pay for.Best wishes. drd
    Last edited by drd; 11-03-2010 at 12:52 PM.

I live in Brisbane, Australia. My invisalign braces quote was $6,700 for the full treatment, or $4,300 for just the top teeth (+5% discount if pay all upfront). This is with a platinum/elite provider of invisalign.

you get a 5% discount if you pay upfront? I'm in brisbane too and out of the 3 orthos I saw no one told me that!

Brisbane, Australia, December 2010

My braces would have been $6,700 for both upper and lower. I chose to go with only upper (bottom teeth are pretty fine anyway and I dont have jaw issues or anything).

I have inwardly rotated front teeth that are 2 millimetres too far to the left. The right side of my upper teeth is crowded forward. I need a tooth taken out on the right side (5th from the front, with the front teeth being #1). This will allow room for my two front teeth and 3 right side upper front teeth to be pushed/pulled to the right.

My total cost for invisalign for my upper teeth is $4100. It was $4350, but I paid in full upfront and got a 5% discount. It will be 12-18 months i think (only took the molds the other day - not sure how long itll take yet).

My invisalign orthodontist is highly experienced and is a 'premium elite' provider (whatever that is).

This does NOT include the cost of getting that tooth taken out (which I think will be another $300). But it does include all visits and refinements as well as visits for up to 2 years after the invisalign set is finished and I have my retainer.

You can ask. If you see the contract it should have the option. The ortho didnt tell me - I asked as I'd read it somewhere else that another person got a discount. It can be 10% if they are really generous.

wow cause im paying $7000 (brisbane also premium elite) but thats because my health fund changed. if it hadnt i wouldve gotten 2500 back. ill have to look into and see because if i can save a bit of money off the 7000 it would be good.

25. My quote was $6500 US for 8 uppers, 10 lowers, refinements (which they did think would be needed) and retainer in NYC

I got a bit of a discount by paying in full up front, making it $6000 and my insurance will hopefully refund $1000 of that

Haven't started yet...my only complaint is that I paid a month ago and still don't have my first trays! I was told there's a production delay at the Invisalign lab, not sure if that's true but if I don't start in another week I will have to make a bit of a fuss.

26. I'm in Chicago and mine was $3,495 for 25 uppers and 25 lowers, visits every 6 weeks, refinements, and retainers. Original cost was 3,995, but I got a $500 discount.

Was supposed to get my aligners 2 weeks ago, but had a delay. Just got my first aligners today.

27. I am in Phoenix, AZ. My Ortho charged $6500 / fee adjustment -$716 / $ 5784
    Then I was offered 8% discount for payment in full.
    Thankfully my Insurance pays a once in a lifetime $1500 towards orthodontics care.
    That helps.
    This is for 12 to 18 mo of treatment.

24U
    24L

28. Hey ChicagoB I'm in the Chicago area too and I'm looking for a place to get invisalign. Can you tell me the name and address of the office that you went to?

29. If anyone from Seoul is looking into Invisalign..

Mine cost 5.8million won (that was under $5,000 USD with the conversion rates when I started in July and is now a little over $5,100 USD). This included free whitening (which normally costs 600,000 KRW) and I get free Waterpik scaling done at most appointments (scaling is not covered by dental insurance here and costs 60,000 KRW at my dentist). I do pay a monthly fee of 50,000 KRW and go in to see my dentist every 2 weeks.

A friend of mine had been quoted 6million KRW at another Invisalign provider in Seoul.

My case is 14 sets of aligners for both top & bottom but I will be starting refinements soon.

i was quoted $7300 by an ortho in hanover, nh. That's not going to be possible, plan on finding someone else. anyone in the area, if you have any recommendations, please let me know

31. Quote Originally Posted by ryhudark View Post
    Hey ChicagoB I'm in the Chicago area too and I'm looking for a place to get invisalign. Can you tell me the name and address of the office that you went to?
    Hi,
    I got mine from ORA Dental in the south loop. There's another dentist/orthodontist downtown - Howard Spector - but that guy is something else. I went to him years ago and never want to return. Check out Yelp for reviews about him.

If you are looking in downtown Chicago, my dentist also does Invisalign. He's a terrific dentist - very detailed and very thorough with a terribly friendly office staff, and his price is $2300 for an "express" treatment - meaning he does not want to do work on people who need more serious adjustment (probably because he's a dentist rather than an ortho!)

However, I went with an experienced Invisalign ortho in the suburbs, and total treatment (no matter how long you need treatment) was $5050.00. Send me a PM if you want their names/numbers.

Good luck!

Ave Cost

Average cost is $5,000 for full treatment, which includes all cost including any refinements. I live in Northeast NJ and I paid exactly $5K.

Sounds a bit high, unless your husband needs a major adjustment, but that seems unlikely because if it was that bad he wouldn't or shouldn't be a candidate for Invisalign. Average cost is around $5,000 and I'm in NJ and paid $5K and my treatment took longer than average since I had a lot to fix. Invisalign worked well for me and I would recommend it if you are an adult because it is way less noticeable than regular braces. You do however have to be extremely disciplined for this to work and this is a big commitment which will take at least a year or even up to two to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Sounds a bit high, unless your husband needs a major adjustment, but that seems unlikely because if it was that bad he wouldn't or shouldn't be a candidate for Invisalign.
    Remember that average costs on some sites don't really distinguish between general dentists and orthodontists. Also, these average costs never really account for experience level of the doctor, or level of difficulty of treatment.

In terms of "major adjustments", level of expertise differs amongst providers, and it is amazing to see some of the malocclusions that can be corrected using Invisalign, including extraction cases, surgical orthodontics, class 2s, etc. The limits to being a candidate for Invisalign treatment are often with the doctor, not the malocclusion. :)
    Dr Jason K Tam

Stouffville Braces Blog

Markham Braces Blog

Blog Entries
    I have to say, most of the posts in this thread are sadly misleading. The reality is that there is almost always a reason that the fee in one practice is higher/lower than the next. You almost always get what you pay for, and orthodontics is no different. People really don't talk about it, but there is a significant difference between providers. You aren't buying a car where you get the same product from different dealers and you merely are negoitiating the best deal. Invisalign is a tool, not the product. The end result is the product and that is really dependent on the provider not the tool. Investing in yourself, your smile and your health is one of the best investments you will make during your lifetime, whether it is for you or your child. Invest in the best you can afford and you will never be sorry. DrD

37. The cost of Invisalign in the USA seems to be much cheaper than what it cost me here in Sydney, Australia. I paid about $8,000 last year for my set.

My invisalign cost me £3500. I am from Scotland.
    Last edited by Stewart; 02-19-2011 at 05:32 AM.
    U - 15/15 (COMPLETED)
    L - 14/14 (COMPLETED)

hello i'm french sorry for my english ^^

I would like to know how long there is between the order of invisalign and the reception ?

Thanks

Bonjour loupblanc,

J'habite aux Étas-Unis, et pour moi, c'était deux semaines. Pour certains, c'était huit semaines.

(I live in the USA, and for me, it was two weeks. For some, it was eight weeks).

Pardon my French, and good luck! ;)

41. Columbus - invisalign

I was just quoted a cost of $6200 plus a free ipad (or $500 off), plus free whitening for life. My insurance will pay for $1500 of it, so that helps!

I don't know how long I will have to wear them, as they just did the initial appointment today. I will post back what the length is, however by reading the other posts, it doesn't seem like it matters in regards to relation to cost. I had braces when I was a child and am now 34. My teeth have shifted quite a bit.

I also received a quote last month for metal braces and it was $5500, with no other benefits mentioned above.

I am going for the invisalign.

42. NYC - midtown

I live in NYC and went to a couple of elite preferred orthodontists in midtown manhattan for consultations. My main issue is that my central front incisor (?), basically the middle front tooth, is twisted almost sideways, and whenever I bite down, it comes in contact with my bottom tooth and there's some erosion on both teeth. I've had this issue since I was 7 or 8 years old, so it hasn't really bothered me much.

Anyways, the first one charged me $75 for consultation and panoramic x-ray and quoted me $8500. I did not have a good feeling about her because she was literally like Dr. Barbie, kind of scatter brained and talked about a lot of irrelevant stuff (like showing me pictures of her visit to Invisalign factory in Costa Rica), while flashing her smile at me every few minutes, which creeped me out actually. Her estimate was 20 months treatment. I didn't try to get too much info on the cost breakdown because the place just felt too chaotic for me.

The second one charged me $50 for a consultation without needing an x-ray and quoted me $7900. He seemed a lot more clinical while still being friendly (maybe a little more friendly than I'm used to from a medical professional). Wrote down 2 pages of notes while he was going through my treatment plan with me, underlining and starring certain lines that he wanted to emphasize. We spent almost 1.5 hours and he answered a lot of my questions and concerns. His billing person also spent another 40 minutes going over the cost estimate and potential additional costs. The $7900 includes the whole treatment, which is estimated to be 12 to 15 months, but does NOT include any retainers after the treatment. He said he should be able to get me to 90% with Invisalign but there's a small chance that he might need to put on a regular brace for a few weeks after Invisalign to get to 100%. I would only be charged for extra aligners due to non-compliance (such as missing a lot of appts or not wearing my aligners for 22 hours a day). He said I'm a class 1, with moderate overcrowding on top and mild on bottom. If I pay everything up front, my cost goes down to $7k.

I've called around a few other places in Manhattan and the range is usually between $5k and $9k. Most seem to charge about $50 for just a consultation, which makes shopping around difficult.

I've been having some discomfort with my gums and teeth within the past couple of weeks, so I'm not sure if I should go for it. I have until 3/25 to pick my dental plan and flexible spending accounts, so I need to make a decision fairly soon. My dental plan should cover $3k of the cost, but it's still expensive.

I would really appreciate referrals from other people as well. Feel free to send me private messages if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmile View Post
    I live in NYC and went to a couple of elite preferred orthodontists in midtown manhattan for consultations. My main issue is that my central front incisor (?), basically the middle front tooth, is twisted almost sideways, and whenever I bite down, it comes in contact with my bottom tooth and there's some erosion on both teeth. I've had this issue since I was 7 or 8 years old, so it hasn't really bothered me much.

Anyways, the first one charged me $75 for consultation and panoramic x-ray and quoted me $8500. I did not have a good feeling about her because she was literally like Dr. Barbie, kind of scatter brained and talked about a lot of irrelevant stuff (like showing me pictures of her visit to Invisalign factory in Costa Rica), while flashing her smile at me every few minutes, which creeped me out actually. Her estimate was 20 months treatment. I didn't try to get too much info on the cost breakdown because the place just felt too chaotic for me.

The second one charged me $50 for a consultation without needing an x-ray and quoted me $7900. He seemed a lot more clinical while still being friendly (maybe a little more friendly than I'm used to from a medical professional). Wrote down 2 pages of notes while he was going through my treatment plan with me, underlining and starring certain lines that he wanted to emphasize. We spent almost 1.5 hours and he answered a lot of my questions and concerns. His billing person also spent another 40 minutes going over the cost estimate and potential additional costs. The $7900 includes the whole treatment, which is estimated to be 12 to 15 months, but does NOT include any retainers after the treatment. He said he should be able to get me to 90% with Invisalign but there's a small chance that he might need to put on a regular brace for a few weeks after Invisalign to get to 100%. I would only be charged for extra aligners due to non-compliance (such as missing a lot of appts or not wearing my aligners for 22 hours a day). He said I'm a class 1, with moderate overcrowding on top and mild on bottom. If I pay everything up front, my cost goes down to $7k.
    There are some very knowledgable Invisalign Providers in Midtown Manhattan. The "Dr. Barbie" that I think you are referring to is quite knowledgable, has a few offices around NY, and does teach for Align. I've seen a lot of good results from her lectures and she does know what she is doing.

I'm not so sure about who the 2nd is, but from what I have heard, there is an excellent orthodontist at the Rockerfeller. He is very detail-oriented and produces excellent results.

Unlike many on this board, you are lucky that you have a choice of experienced Invisalign doctors in your area. As a result, apart from skill, you have the benefit of being able to choose your orthodontist based upon cost, and level of comfort also. Good luck!
    Dr Jason K Tam

Stouffville Braces Blog

Markham Braces Blog

44. Thanks for your comments, Dr. Tam. Yes my second consultation was with the Rockfeller Center ortho.

Why is there such a difference in the estimated treatment times between the two providers who, based on their Invisalign ratings, seem to be similarly qualified, especially when they both use the same company to design/manufacture the aligners and do the computer projections?

What does the orthodontist do beyond taking the molding/x-rays and making sure nothing goes wrong during the course of the treatment? How much input do they have into the virtual models generated by Invisalign?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmile View Post
    Thanks for your comments, Dr. Tam. Yes my second consultation was with the Rockfeller Center ortho.

Why is there such a difference in the estimated treatment times between the two providers who, based on their Invisalign ratings, seem to be similarly qualified, especially when they both use the same company to design/manufacture the aligners and do the computer projections?

What does the orthodontist do beyond taking the molding/x-rays and making sure nothing goes wrong during the course of the treatment? How much input do they have into the virtual models generated by Invisalign?
    I don't want to hijack this thread, as this may be more pertinent to the "Invisalign is a technique, not a product thread". It does make a point however, that "average cost of Invisalign" is not a good way to look at it.

The orthodontist is supposed to direct the entire treatment, from how long it takes, to which teeth have attachments, the type of attachments, the amount of IPR, which teeth move when and in what direction, etc. In other words, the orthodontist has 100% input into how the treatment turns out. Your results will be different depending on the orthodontist you choose. With Invisalign, I would say that about 90% of what I can do to make treatment successful occurs before the insertion of the first aligner... while I am planning out the course of treatment. You are paying for the skill and expertise of the doctor from the time you begin treatment (ie starting at the consultation with the diagnosis) to the end, not for a computer generated product and aligners from a company.
    Dr Jason K Tam

Stouffville Braces Blog

Markham Braces Blog

Blog Entries
    I'm paying 4500 € for full treatment, which includes any refinements and a whitening at the end.
    I live in Barcelona.

47. Can you help me????

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
    Wow, that is really high. You should shop around; I got my daughter hers for a little under $3000. I guess it could depend on you location as well, I know prices sometimes vary from state to state.
    Would you mind giving me that orthodontics name and info? I need invisalign and my niece does too? It is too expensive where I live but I would be willing to travel.

Blog Entries
    You need to remember, this is not a commodity. The actual product, Invisalign, will not yield the same result where ever you go. Invisalign, like different types of bracesYou get what you pay for. Although cost does not always equate with quality, it usually does. Do you want your family physician to do your cosmetic surgery, or a plastic surgeon that is experienced although more expensive? It's all the same surgery, right?

The national average for Invisalign is $5000 according to their website. There is a website that lists the averages reported around the country ---> Cost of Invisalign? View Average Price Paid by City. As stated before by many others, it depends on your individual treatment and your orthodontist or dentist. I'm from Northeastern PA and am paying $5600 (19U/8L). I am also kicking myself for not getting any orthodontic treatment sooner since my dental insurance stops at 19 for braces. Missed by two years.

Quote Originally Posted by fpl View Post
    The national average for Invisalign is $5000 according to their website. There is a website that lists the averages reported around the country ---> Cost of Invisalign? View Average Price Paid by City. As stated before by many others, it depends on your individual treatment and your orthodontist or dentist. I'm from Northeastern PA and am paying $5600 (19U/8L). I am also kicking myself for not getting any orthodontic treatment sooner since my dental insurance stops at 19 for braces. Missed by two years.
    As you mentioned, this is a national average, and does not separate out the fees of orthodontists and general dentists. A quick Google search in major metro areas will yield many offices willing to start treatment *from $X*. I have seen as low as $999 CDN. These are often loss leaders from general dentists in order to get patients into their practices for other dental work such as cleanings, fillings, and veneers.

As an average, it is also skewed because most doctors still only treat very minor cases with Invisalign, yielding more simple, shorter treatments, requiring lower fees than for more complex treatments. It would be really nice if there were a way to compile fees based upon case type, dentist or orthodontist, and geographic area, for a more helpful comparison.
    Dr Jason K Tam

Stouffville Braces Blog

Markham Braces Blog