Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Elle Guest

Cost

My husband just got an estimate of $6600 from NJ. That seems outrages. Does it pay to shop around?

JennyNY Guest
    Thats seem a bit high, but worth it... Have you heard of the new Invisalign Express? Supposed to be out soon and be half the price...

My total treatment is 6,000.. suppose to be about 30 months of treatment.. I am in NY city... everything is more expensive here..

Wang Guest
    My price was $4400, and insurance covered $1100 of that. dentist prices will always be lower than ortho's.

aingeru Guest
    hmm...seems like the metal is cheaper, i only paid about $2000

brock Guest
    oh really? maybe i should try the metal one....but why is the invisible one so much more expensive?

pehr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brock
    oh really? maybe i should try the metal one....but why is the invisible one so much more expensive?
    Fashion maybe? Or it could be harder to produce than those metal ones.

winter34 Guest
    Wow, guys! That's a lot of money! I just asked the docs in the Ask the Doctor section about the average price of invisalign. Does dental insurance help to cover the cost? I could never afford that :(

like2smile Guest
    I have not checked the price for them here in vermont. I new they would probably be a bit pricey but I never thought they would cost quite that much money!!

ronnie Guest
    Wow, that is really high. You should shop around; I got my daughter hers for a little under $3000. I guess it could depend on you location as well, I know prices sometimes vary from state to state.

mun Guest
    i just came back from my first consultation. I have two quotes for invisalign and Ibraces.

30 months treatment with invisalign is $6400. OR
    24 months Ibraces is $9500.

apparently it'd take 6 more months if i go with invisalign.

i was expecting something high, but not this high. I am in las vegas. Could you tell me how much you paid for how long for especially Ibraces? doesn't matter if you are in a different state, i just want to get an idea.

thanks a lot.

niki4507 Guest

Cost

No, that's not outrageous. It depends on how accomplished your orthodontist is. For example, my ortho was rated one of the best in Texas, and it cost us around 6,000, but I know other places in Dallas charge less money. I have 25 top and 28 bottom aligners, so about a year of treatment, but I love my orthodontist...she's worth the extra money. Oh, metal is about 4500 from her and porcelain are about 5250, so it's not a big jump for us.

Meryaten Guest
    I was quoted 7,000 by one dentist and it was even guarantted... i ended up goign for metal for half the cost... 2 years of metal to save 3k was a good decision for me.

Diamond77 Guest
    I got quoted HKD$40,000 for Invisalign and HKD$20,000 for fixed ceramics today, FYI I live in Hong Kong.

getreel Guest
    that seems about right double the price... remember invisalign doesnt work for everyone that is why I would prefer to have the ceramics.

AmyBeach Guest

Lightbulb Average Cost Of Invisalign

I would like to know if my orthodontist is average priced and I think it would be a great forum topic for all invisalign users to post the cost and term of their treatment. We can then average it out, once we have at least a dozen trial.

I'll go first:

14 Months - $4,600

Remember that where you are will impact the pricing too. I don't just mean from one country to another, but also city to city within the same country. This is because some portion of your fees will be for your orthodontist's time and expenses (as opposed to the Invisalign fees that he is passing along to you) and these will vary depending on his fixed costs, which in turn are impacted by the local economy. For example, an orthodontist in downtown Manhattan might have higher rent and utilities, and will need to pay higher wages to his staff than one who is based in a small town in the Midwest.

Magic34 Guest
    $4000 here. Told 9 months, based on the # of trays and timeline he now provided, looks like 5 months and 1 week in my calculations. I have 10 trays.

10 trays? Is yours an Invisalign Express case?

Magic34 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    10 trays? Is yours an Invisalign Express case?
    No, I had braces about 10 years ago. The only issue I have is a small gap in between my front 2 teeth I want fixed. They are rotating a couple of teeth also. My bottoms look fine, but I had them do my bottoms as well. There is hardly any pressure on my bottoms.

You perhaps misunderstood the reason behind my question. Invisalign Express is essentially the same as Invisalign. Basically Invisalign Express offers a different pricing structure than "full" Invisalign, and is intended for those most simple cases which will require 10 or fewer aligners (per arch, I believe). Unlike "full" Invisalign, no refinemnets are built into the basic cost for Invisalign Express. Anyway, I mentioned it because, obviously, the pricing structure for Invisalign Express is different than that for Invisalign, and your case (with 10 trays) seemed like it might be an Express case.

I agree that it isn't feasible to compare costs based on such a large geographic area of samples.

That being said, I think I'm in the $6000 range for what will be approximately a 2 year treatment (I hope), 38 trays top and bottom. That does not include the extractions.
    -Brenda

Blog Entries
    Hey I'm new here.

8 months - 3,500

edit: I should add I live in Brighton, UK
    Last edited by Adam; 09-25-2008 at 05:13 PM.

korinab Guest
    I was told mine would take a year but I'll be done with the trays I have I'll be done with the top in Feb. and the bottom in July. Cost $4500

I live in Iowa and am have to drive about 30 minutes to my dentist.

Mine is 9 months (18 lower, 19 upper) and was told $6000 but it includes a lifetime of dr appointments with him... but my treatment time is September 15, 2008 - June 15, 2009 and I live in Charlotte

My total treatment cost was 5725 in Dublin and 85 for an extraction. I am entitled to claim tax credits on this.

My cost

$4,500 / 10 trays / Not express to my knowledge / Includes uppers and lowers.

Mine will be costing me 2400 (I am in the UK). That includes both top and bottom aligners, retainers and whitening... plus any refinements that are needed till everythings how it's meant to be.

Blog Entries
    Thats a really good price IHIC, where in the UK are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Thats a really good price IHIC, where in the UK are you?
    Hi Adam,

I am in Suffolk. The orthodontist I will be visiting is in Cambridge.

Blog Entries
    Excuse the ignorence but what is the distance between the two?

14u22l Guest
    I paid $4,950.00 for mine. I'm using the CareCredit system though, so I can make interest free payments for two years. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Excuse the ignorence but what is the distance between the two?
    Just over 50 miles.

I have been in contact with about 10 different Invisalign orthodontists. They all had a price range which was usually between the 3000 and 4000 mark, depending on your case and how severe. They couldn't give me a set price until I went for a consultation. Most of these were in London, I wasn't prepared to travel that far to then be told that I would be a case that would need to pay 4000!

So I contacted the last Invisalign orthodontist on my list (then I was going to give up). I was expecting to get the same response. They said they charge 2400 at a set price for Invisalign treatment. This includes retainers, whitening and any refinements.
    So, of course, I went for it!

It's not only the price I am happy with. It's their manner too. When I contacted the other places they weren't that interested... they sounded as if they were trying to sell that first appointment to me, to get me in. This orthodontist sounds very kind and genuine and very helpful. They are very willing to answer any questions you have, either over the phone or by email.

I also think he is now the largest single provider of Invisalign in the UK... so that's why they can charge 2400. I think they get a 40% discount from Invisalign, which is then passed straight onto the patient! Can't ask for fairer than that!

(1400 deposit once aligners arrive, then a payment of 70 - 100 per month for the next 14 months (that's interest free).
    Last edited by IHIC; 10-24-2008 at 05:11 PM.

mine are going to be around 4300 can. my dentist told me regular braces would cost the same!

35. I'm paying $3800.00 (Canadian) for 1 year treatment.
    Amy :p

amy where in canada do you live??

37. Leamington, Ontario
    Amy :p

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by IHIC View Post
    Mine will be costing me 2400 (I am in the UK). That includes both top and bottom aligners, retainers and whitening... plus any refinements that are needed till everythings how it's meant to be.
    Hi there, are you in London? Do you recommend your dentist for Invisalign?
    thanks!

Hey guys,

Just an update. I was finsihing up my treatment and asked if I should have refinements due to some gaps I still have in my teeth and was told that wasn't possible because I was a "invisalign express" case. My orthodontist didn't tell me that until this issue came up. Be sure to ask this prior to paying anything or starting treatment or you could get scammed like me!

cost

I am in London.And I had a quote this morning. 10-12 months full treatment, will cost 2250, including all aligners, refinement, whitening and retainers. Although the sale ads says 1495...

I thought price will come down next year...

StacyInvisalign Guest
    $5800 for 15 months in NYC

42. $4400 CDN for 9 months in Edmonton.

43. Quote Originally Posted by StacyInvisalign View Post
    $5800 for 15 months in NYC
    which dentist are u going to in nyc? and are there any cheaper ones..

Quote Originally Posted by ljw View Post
    Hi there, are you in London? Do you recommend your dentist for Invisalign?
    thanks!
    Hi, (sorry I have taken so long to reply. I just forgot to log in to the site... tut tut).

No, not in London... I live about 70 miles away from London.

The dentist I found quoting 2400 for the above package is in Cambridge (I found them online). I am very happy with how helpful they have been with answering all my questions. But I cannot recommend them as such yet, because I haven't even been for a consultation! All I have been doing so far is talking over email.

I was meant to have my first appointment end of December or start of January. But that has kind of gone out the window because I just haven't managed to find the 1400 deposit I will need :(

Since doing more research and talking to other people who have had/are having Invisalign I have found Chelsea Dental who offer Invisalign starting at 1250 (that's what they said in their email reply). I know of someone (on Youtube) who is with them and is paying 1500. But to be honest I do not know what they offer in with this price. He said he paid 1500 but then had to pay 250 more for the impressions or something... I do not know if they include whitening, refinements etc in the price. The one that charges 2400 include EVERYTHING and offer quite a bit in my opinion.

So, even though other places may save you about 1000, you need to make sure first what is and isn't included in that price. Otherwise, you might not end up saving anything!

Also for me, the Chelsea dentist is in center of London so would be an absolute nightmare to get to. I would probably have to use public transport. The travel costs would be pretty high also...

Quote Originally Posted by ljw View Post
    I am in London.And I had a quote this morning. 10-12 months full treatment, will cost 2250, including all aligners, refinement, whitening and retainers. Although the sale ads says 1495...

I thought price will come down next year...
    Could I ask what dentist this quote was from?

I just re-visited another forum I am on and had a look at an old thread I made. I had a new reply from someone telling me about Q Clinic in London. On their site it says they charge 1475, but the big question is... what is actually included in that price! Now, if they can offer what the place in Cambridge offer then hell yeah I would go for it! If only the aligners are included in that price and you will have to pay extra for whitening, extractions (if needed), refinements and retainers... then hell no, it wouldn't be worth it. It would probably end up costing over 2500!

I will be getting in contact with them in the next few days to see if they are willing to tell me what I want to know over email rather than selling me an appointment! The middle of London is just not an easy/pleasant place to get to!

IHIC - you're being smart to ask these questions about what is included so you can compare apples to apples. Very smart too to consider the additional impact of travel costs (not to mention how a lot of travel would cut into your time!) It can be hard to pull together the extra cash for something like this, especially around the holidays, and even more so with the economy in the hole like it is, but I am sure you'll figure it out!

HI there, I am in Brisbane, Australia and am paying $6300 all in, including whitening.

$5500 CDN in Vancouver for 29 trays.

JW

Blog Entries
    Gosh Im paying $7800 and that includes just the aligners. I still have to pay for the retainer when Im finished. Thats in Australian dollars.

49. I'm paying 4000 euro for 11 months and 11 aligners up and 21 aligners down, in Romania! All inclusive!

50. San Jose, California. $6000! 25 bottom and 18 top!