ellenbrt Guest

Whiten teeth by brushing with salt

Whiten your teeth by brushing occasionally with salt, also good for firming the gums and keeping them healthy.

Blog Entries
    Salt is a great mouthrinse. Disolve a small amount is warm water and rinse your mouth with it at least once a day.

This rinse is also great for keeping your throat healthy, so doing a gargle when you rinse is good.
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

bradlystaton Guest
    Yeah salt, lemon are all the things with which you can make your teeths white. When you brush you take pinch of salt and pour it on the paste then brush with it and after that you once again take paste and pour few drops of lemon juice on it then you brush for 5-10 min you will see that your teeth will become white i tried and my teeths are shining.

Blog Entries
    I mentioned lemon juice to my ortho and he said that it will eat the enamel off your teeth.

Blog Entries
    I have also heard that as well. I am not sure about brushing with salt, but I do rinsing with warm salt before I brush and floss my teeth to remove anything left over from eating.

Quote Originally Posted by justjenn View Post
    I mentioned lemon juice to my ortho and he said that it will eat the enamel off your teeth.

Won't brushing with salt hurt enamel?
    I'm researching it now and some people say sea salt strengthens enamel and some people say it whitens teeth but weakens enamel.

Blog Entries
    There is a lot of debate about whether or not enamel can be strengthen and/or replaced. There has been research carried out that recommends a diet with particular types of salts and using homemade toothpaste that's 50% salt and 50% baking soda. This research also had all participants eating a diet free of acid and sugar ... which for most people would be very difficult.

I guess it's about following the research you believe.
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

I would like to try brushing with salt but I can imagine the grains slicing my teeth, which is the opposite of what I want.
    My mother just bought some Crest Enamel Shield toothpaste at my request, so I hope that works.
    Can anyone that tried it give me a review?

Blog Entries
    Please don't brush with just salt ... think of sandpaper ... then think of the effect that would have on your teeth. You need to research this subject well before considering making your own toothpaste.

Of course I wouldn't use just salt. I meant mixed with water but I'm not going to try it on the gamble of scratching my teeth.

You can in fact clean your teeth with salt. The best salt to use for cleaning your teeth is table salt as this is smoother, sea salt is rough and can more easily damage the enamel of your teeth. To do this all you have to do is pour a small amount of table salt on your toothbrush, and wet it a little as you would with toothpaste. Then brush your teeth normally. After you have thoroughly brushed your teeth with salt you should then rinse off your toothbrush and brush your teeth only using water. Then rinse your mouth out with mouthwash.

I forgot to say that brushing with salt is good for teeth but bad for your gum. as it will whitens teeth but can cause gum inflammations as it gets under your gum. especially for people with
    high blood pressure, salt will inflame ur gum so bad that no tissue n bone are left to hold your teeth in place.( baking soda) is also salt. If ur gum is a pale pink color, firm, hardly bleeds during brushing, Then it would be good for you to brush with salt or bakin soda and hold salt water in ur salt for minutes like listerine. it helps maintain cleanness of entire mouth

13. I've never tried salt, but I might. About once a week I use baking soda, and occassionally with lemon juice. It does make a HUGE difference in the color of my teeth, but doing it too often could damage them.

I think still the discussion is open and no one with the surety can say whether salt is good for health or not.

Pick a good toothpaste and start brushing teeth at least twice in a day. Floss your teeth daily after eating and use mouth wash of any reputed brand. You can use baking soda thrice in a week that will help to remove stains from the teeth and give you whiten teeth.

16. brushing with salt is more better then using baking soda, It never damage your cavity, you should brush twice a day.
    PrisonBreak

17. Salt is good for fighting mouth infections and also for whitening your teeth but over use can damage teeth.Used twice a week on a toothbrush it will keep both your teeth and gums germ free.
    Have confidence in your driving skills with HGV Driver Training.

I have also read in an article that you can whiten your teeth by using a baking soda. Someone told me too that Colgate's whitening toothpaste has a baking soda in it as a major ingredient to help whiten the teeth. It is effective more effective than salt they say.

Blog Entries
    Mikka, please refrain from posting on old threads. You've commented on 3 threads that are years old. No post farming, please!