Who recommends RetainerBrite?

So I have managed since last July to keep my aligners clean with a smidge of toothpaste and electric toothbrush.

However, I've been in the same upper aligner since Feb and it's taking longer to get it clean.

Is it worth getting Retainer Brite, does it work?

If not, does anyone recommend an alternative that's easy to get in the UK?
    Last edited by havingitdoneintheuk; 05-18-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have it for my hawley retainers and I'm not that impressed.. i have the tablets and i'm not sure if it is any better than over teh counter denture cleaner....some how plaque builds up on my retainers so I brush them daily..

I'd like to see more opinions...

I did use the one that was a powder and that seemed to work better, but i read that you can't use it daily or it will eat away at the retainer...
    In Retainers. Hawley On Top and Perm Retainer Lower.

3. I use a denture cleaner tablet and it works beautifully. I soak them at night for 5 minutes before going to bed and they come out very clear and smelling really clean. The one I use is called Efferdent. Not sure if it's available everywhere (I'm from Canada). After soaking them, all I do is give them a good rinse. I don't have to brush them at all.

I use Steradent which is probably quite similar. They get soaked at night, and seem to come out pretty fresh.
    I do brush them however, every time I brush my teeth.
    Visit my Invisalign Braces Blog MY Hollywood Smile

i used to have to scrub them a long time with toothpaste to get all the buildup out. you know what i discovered?? water!! yes i soak my trays in warm water while i have dinner, this i feel doesn't leave your trays to dry out, making the scrubbing process easier and faster.

it used to take me about 10 mins to scrub my trays, now it takes me just a few mins. no need to buy denture cleaner or that kinda stuff. (i hear it's bad for the trays)

6. Quote Originally Posted by girl on the bus View Post
    i used to have to scrub them a long time with toothpaste to get all the buildup out. you know what i discovered?? water!! yes i soak my trays in warm water while i have dinner, this i feel doesn't leave your trays to dry out, making the scrubbing process easier and faster.

it used to take me about 10 mins to scrub my trays, now it takes me just a few mins. no need to buy denture cleaner or that kinda stuff. (i hear it's bad for the trays)
    Yes, I forgot to mention that I do that as well. Every time I take them out, I put them in a cup but I use cold water. I didn't realize how sticky plaque is until I started with Invisalign but it can really build up! By keeping them soaking it rinses away and the trays stay quite clean.

Yep, I do something similar. I don't actually soak mine every time I take them out but I run them under water every time I remove them and again before I reinsert them. They stay much fresher this way.
    Visit my Invisalign Braces Blog MY Hollywood Smile

I heard that brushing them with toothpaste ruins the clear plastic. I brush mine with warm water every time before I put them back in and I soak them in retainer brite every second day.

Cheers everyone, mixed responses there, mght give it a go!
    Began Invisalign July 08 (14/U 24/L) (Attachments: 6/U 5/L)
    Refinements Aug 09 - Dec 09 (7 U/L) (Attachments: 2/U)
    Essix Retainer Feb 2010 :toast: