1. Doc says one month for first aligner...

I'm supposed to wear the first and second aligners for one month before switching. Everything I've read says they're designed to be worn for two weeks. I also asked my dentist and he said that two weeks is plenty. Has anyone heard of wearing them for this long? I've had them in for three days now and there's no pain and hardly any pressure anymore.

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome Carpe Diem.

Invisalign aligner can be designer to be worn for any amount of time ... as this treatment can be as individual as the wearer. If your dentist is not your provider, then please don't take their advice. The person you need to listen to is the person who's providing your orthodontic treatment.

One reason some people are required to wear aligners for four or more weeks, is that that aligner needs to do a lot of the work to get the teeth moving. This process should not be forced, so if your ortho recommends a month for your first and second aligners, please do this ... and if you have any concerns, give your ortho a call and talk to her/him about them.

Remember that just because you don't feel any pain or pressure, it doesn't mean that teeth aren't having something happen to them. I've never had pain and rarely had pressure ... but my teeth have done amazing things during these times.

Good luck! :thumb:
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

Blog Entries
    hi carpe diem,

i had my 1st aligner for 5 weeks and will have to wear my last one for 6 weeks as im only having 'anteriors' i think maybe all of my back teeth had to move first before i can even start on my front(which are the only ones that need straightening)!! also i was bleaching aswell!!

4. I'm wearing each one of my aligners for a whole month before switching to a new one. I have 11 upper and 13 lower, so this would take me about a year. :) so don't worry it's better to go slow sometimes to get good progress.