1. Question Ask me anything about ClearCorrect

Hi, everybody.

I'll tell you up front, I work for ClearCorrect. (No astroturfing here.)

If you have any questions about our company or our products, let me know, and I'll try to get you an answer. Hopefully, I can provide some useful information.

If you're not familiar with ClearCorrect, we make clear aligners that are used to straighten teeth. We've been making aligners for about 4 years now, and we're growing very quickly. I don't want to turn this into an sales pitch, so I'll leave it at that for now.

Thanks for having me on your forum!

Hi,

I've had ClearCorrect for about 4 months now, and I would like to know why you must wear the aligners for 3 weeks compared to only 2 weeks with Invisalign? Does this mean that treatment is longer with ClearCorrect?

When I finally decided to get braces in April, I gave my dentist a call and made a sudden appointment to get my impressions done. I thought I was getting Invisalign, since the last time I talked with him (January 2009), he was working with Invisalign.
    When I found out that it was ClearCorrect and not Invisalign, I was a little confused and puzzled. I'm also a little worried about my treatment since I haven't been able to find much information about ClearCorrect online.

I already see the differences in my teeth, but what makes ClearCorrect better?

Thank you in advance.

Does Clear Correct help with jaw movement? When I'm an adult I will probably look into secondary treatment but not braces, anything removable that can somehow pull my bottom jaw forward.
    (I have heard several times that Invisalign is capable.)

Blog Entries
    livelavalive ... as an adult your jaw cannot be moved without surgery ... and yes ... you have read that answer many times on this forum.
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

5. Answer re ClearCorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Magali View Post
    Hi,

I've had ClearCorrect for about 4 months now, and I would like to know why you must wear the aligners for 3 weeks compared to only 2 weeks with Invisalign? Does this mean that treatment is longer with ClearCorrect?

When I finally decided to get braces in April, I gave my dentist a call and made a sudden appointment to get my impressions done. I thought I was getting Invisalign, since the last time I talked with him (January 2009), he was working with Invisalign.
    When I found out that it was ClearCorrect and not Invisalign, I was a little confused and puzzled. I'm also a little worried about my treatment since I haven't been able to find much information about ClearCorrect online.

I already see the differences in my teeth, but what makes ClearCorrect better?

Thank you in advance.

Hi. Great to hear that you are seeing the difference in your teeth. We have had tons of great responses by dentists and their patients which is what this is all about.:)

In regard to your question about wearing aligners for 3 weeks and does this make the treatment longer, the answer is no. The length of treatment depends on the severity of your specific case, but average treatment length is about a year to a year and a half. Wearing the aligners 3 weeks simply helps ensure the full movement of the aligners is completed before moving on to the next set.

As far as ClearCorrect, there are a number of reasons why we have more dentists turning to ClearCorrect for clear aligner therapy. In fact, it isnít just your dentist as there have been hundreds of dentists coming on-board with ClearCorrect every month just because of things like affordability, flexibility, technical support, and other points such as our viewpoint which is that the doctors are in charge of their practice, not us, and we are a lab here to help them.

ClearCorrect has in fact been around for about 4 years now and is a company that was founded by dentists for dentists.

You might also want to ask your dentist why he made the switch and see what he says.

Again, great to hear that your treatment is going well.

Take care.

Anthony
    ClearCorrect

6. Cost

I have a pretty simple question? How much does ClearCorrect cost? I know it probably varies with everybody but average. How much is it compared to traditional braces and invisalign?

7. Cost

The cost of ClearCorrect is really up to your local dentist. But I can tell you that they can give you a much better offer in terms of cost as compared to Invisalign as it is a more affordable clear aligner system. In fact, the whole purpose of ClearCorrect is "to make clear aligner therapy more affordable". ClearCorrect only deals directly with dentists and thus they would be the one to set the price to the patients. I would go to www.clearcorrect.com and look at the dentists in your area who use ClearCorrect (you just need to put in your Zip Code), and then give them a call and find out how much it would cost or if they have specials. I'd personally call a couple dentists and see what the cost would be. Hope this helps:)
    Best, Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by ClearCorrect View Post
    Hi. Great to hear that you are seeing the difference in your teeth. We have had tons of great responses by dentists and their patients which is what this is all about.:)

In regard to your question about wearing aligners for 3 weeks and does this make the treatment longer, the answer is no. The length of treatment depends on the severity of your specific case, but average treatment length is about a year to a year and a half. Wearing the aligners 3 weeks simply helps ensure the full movement of the aligners is completed before moving on to the next set.

As far as ClearCorrect, there are a number of reasons why we have more dentists turning to ClearCorrect for clear aligner therapy. In fact, it isn’t just your dentist as there have been hundreds of dentists coming on-board with ClearCorrect every month just because of things like affordability, flexibility, technical support, and other points such as our viewpoint which is that the doctors are in charge of their practice, not us, and we are a lab here to help them.

ClearCorrect has in fact been around for about 4 years now and is a company that was founded by dentists for dentists.

You might also want to ask your dentist why he made the switch and see what he says.

Again, great to hear that your treatment is going well.

Take care.

Anthony
    ClearCorrect
    Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your responses.

I have one more question: I've read on ClearCorrect - Invisible Braces that I can preview the "projected results of [my] treatment in a 'treatment set-up,' a computer representation of [my] teeth before and after treatment."
    My dentist never showed me that treatment set-up. I asked him about it, but he said that that was only for invisalign. Didn't he receive that treatment set-up with all the trays he has been receiving from ClearCorrect?

Also, is there a way to know how many aligners I will need? (I'm on step #7 right now) 20? 25? My dentist said that it usually takes from 1 year to 1 1/2 but no specific number of trays. Why?

Thank you in advance, Anthony. :)

Magali

9. Hi Magali,
    No problem at all. As to your question, I would start with letting the doctor know that you saw on the ClearCorrect website how the treatment set-ups are sent to dentists and ask him about this. As to how many aligners you will need, this product is very custom patient to patient and so treatment times vary quite a bit. Again, I would ask your dentist if he could give you further information about what to expect in terms of number of trays from his professional viewpoint. I hope this helps.
    Best, Anthony

Thank you, Anthony.

My dentist sent me the treatment set-up via email. Finally! He had received in May. I got to see it now in November.
    I'm glad to know that I'll need between 12-20 trays!! I'm on trays #8 right now. :)

11. Your welcome:) Glad to hear you received the information from the dentist. Thanks for letting me know. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Take care. Best, Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I need your help.

I went to visit my dentist today and received step #9. The aligners fit perfectly on my lower teeth, but not on my upper teeth. And I'm 100% sure it's not my fault because I've worn my aligners the 22 hours indicated. (I only eat 3 or 4 times a day, brush, floss and put them back on)

I have 3 attachments on my front teeth. Two of those attachments are not in the compartments created for them in the trays. They just don't fit and it's clearly obvious that those two teeth are not in the position they are supposed to be by now. Those two teeth should be have moved 1 or 2 mm by now but they haven't so the attachments are not fitting into the little compartments.
    What can be done? Can I get new impressions for my upper teeth and get new trays at this stage of the process? If I can't, I think it's a waste of time to have them in my mouth doing nothing (just containing the movement they have already done). This will also make my treatment last longer.

Please, I need your help!

Magali

13. Dear Magali,

I completely understand, and we are ready to do everything needed to make sure your treatment goal is not delayed in any way. Sometimes teeth move faster or slower than was planned, or certain teeth don't "track" with the original treatment plan. It is not uncommon and nothing to worry about. In some cases new impressions are needed and sometimes there are other options.

This is a call your ClearCorrect provider would need to make and our Customer Service area will be happy to assist in any way needed. I have alerted our Customer Service Manager to expect a call or email from your provider and to ensure there are no delays - your provider can also always ask to speak to me (Anthony).

One thing is for sure: I think we can rule out "patient compliance" as a problem! I'm sure it will work out - the good news is that ClearCorrect manufactures each phase as it is needed, so we can make these types of changes with no added lab fees (which everyone likes!).

I hope my answer helps - keep us posted, OK?

Sincerely,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I talked with my dentist and I'll be getting new impressions for my upper teeth on Friday.

I've had to move to my previous trays (#8) because the new trays were making my teeth look worse. My two front teeth were becoming even more uneven, even though they were perfect on the tray. I'm very sad that the treatment will have to be stopped until the new set of trays arrives, but at least my lower teeth will keep moving until then. Do you know how long will I have to wait for the new set of trays? I waited for 2 months after the initial impressions and I don't want to have to wait for two more months for this new impression. My treatment will be delayed if I do, and having these old trays for 2 months and 3 weeks won't be a pleasant experience.

I wish my upper teeth were moving as smoothly as my lower. :( My upper teeth look so perfect in the tray! How long will I have to wait, Anthony? (My case is number 7532)

Magali

15. Dear Magali,

I completely understand - I am happy to hear your dentist is helping you with this. I also asked our VP for Quality Assurance to look into your treatment plan and contact your dentist. They spoke yesterday, and I've been reassured that all will turn out just fine. Intrusions can be one of the trickier movements, and your dentist and our lab are now working together to get things "moving" again. :)

Nothing to worry about. Clear aligners provide plenty of options to work with, and our lab is flexible and will work with your dentist see your treatment through without delay. Even when new impressions are needed we are now set up to be able to ship out new aligners when needed within a matter of days. We want to try and match your enthusiasm for completing your treatment so we're going to send them out overnight, OK?

Please, keep us posted and thanks for using ClearCorrect! Best, Anthony

Good morning Anthony,

Straightening my teeth has been something I've wanted to do for more than 10 years. To get these braces, I saved money for more than 4 years. This is definitely something very important to me.

I've received an email from my dentist yesterday in which he mentions that my descriptions have helped ClearCorrect determine what is going on.

After more research, I'm able to be more specific with my descriptions now. As a result, I would like to point out that it is tooth #9 the one that has been intruded, NOT #8.

My dentist sent me an email yesterday in which he writes, ""The front tooth #8 which is shorter is a result of being intruded (moving up towards gumline)... "

I want to point out that it's NOT tooth #8 the one that has been intruded. It is tooth #9.

Please take into consideration that is tooth #9 the one that has become shorter (has been intruded).

On my upper teeth, I have attachments on teeth #6, #7, and #10.
    Tooth #10 fits fine in the tray.
    Teeth #6 and #7 don't fit in the new tray.

I know my options now, but I wanted to be more specific with my description in case those options need to be modified before Friday, when I see my dentist.

I'm worried about my teeth because it has been upsetting to see my two front teeth become so uneven (one is up, the other down). :( And I obviously want that to be fixed. Before braces, my two front teeth were slightly crooked but even!
    What makes me sadder is the fact that I got braces to fix my lower teeth. My upper teeth didn't even bother me, so seeing what is happening with them now makes me very upset.

I hope my description helps.

Thank you for understanding.

Magali

17. Hi Magali, I completely understand the importance of this and just so you know, having super satisfied patients is what it is all about. Thank you very much for the detailed information you provided. I have given this information to our lab and will make sure that our lab and your doctor speak and coordinate so that you know what the plan is. Please be assured that all will turn out fine. Best, Anthony

18. Hi Magali,

I just wanted to give you a bit more information. The good news is they have it under control. As you mentioned and as per data I have, you have an appointment soon and your dentist will be able to explain what is going on a little better than I can here, and also make sure all possible options are explained. As soon as we know which option you and your doctor have chosen, we are ready to get everything back to his office in record time.

I wish you the best for the Holidays.

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I wanted to thank you and everybody at ClearCorrect for being so understanding. In less than a week, my problem was taking into consideration and the necessary changes have taken place.

New impressions were taken today.
    I'm looking forward to getting my new trays soon, Anthony. :)
    I've seen the progress on my lower teeth and that has been a huge motivation for me!

I wish you the best for the Holidays, too.

Magali
    Last edited by Magali; 12-18-2010 at 02:29 AM.

Dear Anthony,

I hope you've been very well.

As I mentioned a few months ago, the new set of tray for my upper teeth arrived and everything has been going well since then.

This message is a little different.

I was just finishing a research paper for school about chemical compounds found in plastic.
    I find Chemistry fascinating and I would love to know what "ingredients" are used to create these trays. They stay in my mouth 22 hours a day, what kind of plastic is it?

Does it have any of the following chemicals found in regular plastic? Such as,

PET, polyethlyene terephthalate
    HDPE, high-density polyethylene
    PVC, polyvinyl chloride
    LDPE, low-density polyethylene
    PP, polypropylene
    PS/PS-E, polystyrene / expanded polystyrene
    OTHER, resins or multi-materials

What should I do with the trays I don't use anymore? Are those recyclable? Should I send them back to ClearCorrect? What do you do with them, if they are not recyclable? What chemical compounds are used to manufacture the trays?

Looking forward to your reply.

Magali

Treatment frustration

I received ClearCorrect aligners in December (after waiting almost 2 months for them to come in) and had been wearing them as indicated. The first upper tray did not fit properly, so my orthodontist made one to begin the process. Once the first upper tray fit, I began wearing that one. Tray 2 took about a week to fit in properly but Tray 3 would not fit at all. The orthodontist took new impressions and I have been just wearing the previous aligners 50% of the time and at night so the teeth do not move back. He indicated that they would take about 2 weeks to come in. Well...this is going on 4 weeks and they are still not in. I am extremely frustrated with this process and I ready to either quit completely or ask him about traditional braces. I really want this to work and I have a goal to be complete by next April when my daughter gets married! :)

Is there anything you can do to speed up the process of getting the new aligners? I have an appointment for this Friday, but I'll go in whenever so that I can get back on track.

Renee Cole

22. Hi Magali,
    I am sure you aced your research paper! You are very knowledgeable when it comes to chemical compounds.

To answer your question our aligners or trays are made from a custom formulation of medical-grade polyurethane which has been thoroughly tested for biocompatibility. None of the chemicals usually associated with regular plastics are found in our clear aligner plastic. We’ve experimented with different materials, and we’re confident that our current material provides the best available combination of durability, flexibility, clarity, and comfort, while applying just the right amount of pressure to teeth.

ClearCorrect manufacturing does recycle, but due to the low amount of plastic used in the aligners themselves a recycling program has not been established for patients or doctors. Once this is established we will inform all of our providers and their patients.

Great questions Magali and I am glad to help.

Anthony

Hi Renee,

I've been wearing ClearCorrect aligners since June, 2010.

I remember that my first upper tray didn't fit perfectly either. There was some "plastic" sticking out from the bottom of my teeth, if you know what I mean. After tray 6, my two front teeth became uneven (as I mention in previous messages). A new set of trays for my upper teeth was made. I received them 3 1/2 weeks later; almost a month later. Those fitted perfectly!! I was so happy! Those were tray 9, I think. Tray 10 was good also. When I switched to tray 11 (the ones I'm wearing now), two of my front teeth did not fit very well. Now that my teeth have had more than a week to adjust, I know what happened. Those two teeth were pushed and went up. I'm glad one of them did because now my two front teeth are even again! Sad part is that the tooth next to it went up also, which I don't mind at all because that's its original position. When I had attachments (I don't now), that tooth was pulled down and with it came my very front tooth!

Although it has been frustrating to see what happened with my upper teeth, I have to admit that I'm very happy with the process with my lower teeth. They are getting so straight! It's hard to believe.

I hope you don't mind I mention this, but you say that you have "been just wearing the previous aligners 50% of the time." I remember I was not very good at wearing them all the time at the beginning. Now I'm used to them and I can't be without them! I eat and I have to brush my teeth immediately and put them back on. I'm so used to having them on! My advice would be: Keep them on all the time! They hurt less and you're not moving your teeth back and forth too much. I've read that it could mess up your roots. (I don't know how accurate that info is. I just know they hurt less if I have them on all the time.)

Good luck!

Magali, thanks for the comment. My orthodontist advised me to wear the retainers only 50% of the time just so the teeth don't move back before I get the new ones. They aren't doing anything except keeping them where they are at the moment. I really hope the new ones are in soon - I just want to get back on track with them. I was really good about wearing them all the time (except eating and brushing) until this setback.

Renee

25. Dear Renee,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your treatment. I have checked all proper lines and have even verified that your new set of aligners have been shipped out and will be at your dentist Friday for your appointment.

Just so you know we are In the process of moving into a new facility that will house five times the employees and manufacturing equipment than we currently have. This will increase our production and shipping time. The standard processing time for us to receive the patients’ information and get the aligners back to the dentist is 4 – 6 weeks.

If you have any further questions please direct them to Dr. Stec and have him call his personal customer service rep and they will be glad to help.

Take care and tell your daughter congratulations for us!

Anthony

Thank you Anthony! I did talk to the dentist's office this morning and they said that the aligners are in. I am still scheduled for a Friday appointment. Glad to hear that you are expanding! I am surprised at the current 4-6 weeks because I read in earlier posts that you were able to ship out in a matter of days. I'm just happy that they are there and hopefully everything fits well now. :)

Thanks again for your reply and for your well wishes for my daughter.

Renee

27. Anthony,

Thanks for being on this forum. I am wearing Clear Correct Braces and am on Set #6. I've been wearing each set for 3 weeks. My dentist put 6 attachments on my teeth at the beginning of tray 5. They are bright white on not so bright white teeth, so it looks like I have wonder bread stuck on my teeth. I thought the attachments were supposed to be tooth colored - these are bright florescent white! That's not my question, though. I am supposed to wear 12 sets of trays, and will be going to India for 2 weeks right as I'm finishing up the last tray. Would it be ok to wear my last 4 trays for 2 and a half weeks, instead of the 3 weeks, just shaving off a few days. That would enable me to be done with them before traveling overseas, and the challenge of cleaning trays with bottled water in unsanitary settings throughout the day. Would appreciate any input. Thanks so much.
    Peyton

28. Quote Originally Posted by peyton View Post
    Anthony,

Thanks for being on this forum. I am wearing Clear Correct Braces and am on Set #6. I've been wearing each set for 3 weeks. My dentist put 6 attachments on my teeth at the beginning of tray 5. They are bright white on not so bright white teeth, so it looks like I have wonder bread stuck on my teeth. I thought the attachments were supposed to be tooth colored - these are bright florescent white! That's not my question, though. I am supposed to wear 12 sets of trays, and will be going to India for 2 weeks right as I'm finishing up the last tray. Would it be ok to wear my last 4 trays for 2 and a half weeks, instead of the 3 weeks, just shaving off a few days. That would enable me to be done with them before traveling overseas, and the challenge of cleaning trays with bottled water in unsanitary settings throughout the day. Would appreciate any input. Thanks so much.
    Peyton
    Hello Peyton,

We are glad to hear that you and your provider have chosen ClearCorrect as your choice for clear aligners. After any orthodontic treatment, there is a need to retain the teeth in that final position for a certain amount of time so the teeth can stabilize after all of that movement. So once the treatment is done, a retainer must be worn, if not, the teeth will move back to their old position. You will have to consult your provider to see what options you have with your treatment. Your doctor will then communicate directly to his ClearCorrect representative any changes that will be made. It sounds like it will just be a matter of a couple of days on each tray, so consult your provider and convey exactly what it is you're requesting.

Thank you!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I have an interesting case. So I've planned on getting clear corrects and my dentist has already done the moldings and sent in the models. My dentist told me Clear Correct is already done with my first retainer, they just want me to sign the consent and agreement form plus pay upfront for everything. Is it true that Clear Correct require the payment to be due upfront? Now when it came down to discussing how to finance everything my dentist isn't willing to deal with my insurance even though she accepts Metlife, she wants me to pay upfront. I want to switch dentist who is willing to bill my insurance and allow me to pay half now. How do I transfer all the information that's already been sent to Clear Corrects? Will I have to pay any fee for the transfer?

Please help, any information will be appreciated. Thanks!

30. Quote Originally Posted by jchu View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I have an interesting case. So I've planned on getting clear corrects and my dentist has already done the moldings and sent in the models. My dentist told me Clear Correct is already done with my first retainer, they just want me to sign the consent and agreement form plus pay upfront for everything. Is it true that Clear Correct require the payment to be due upfront? Now when it came down to discussing how to finance everything my dentist isn't willing to deal with my insurance even though she accepts Metlife, she wants me to pay upfront. I want to switch dentist who is willing to bill my insurance and allow me to pay half now. How do I transfer all the information that's already been sent to Clear Corrects? Will I have to pay any fee for the transfer?

Please help, any information will be appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi jchu,

ClearCorrect requires our lab fee be paid up front. However, please note that our lab fee is completely separate from your doctor's fee for treatment. After treatment has begun, should you choose to transfer providers we can accommodate this free of charge after receiving a written request from your current provider to transfer you. They will need to include the provider that you are going to be transferring to in this written request. We will also need a written acceptance from the doctor who will be accepting your case. You can find a listing of ClearCorrect providers in your area here: ClearCorrect Invisible Braces :: Find Your ClearCorrect Doctor

I hope this information helps!

31. Question Mouth won't close

I just started my clearcorrect and when I got tray 0 I noticed I could not close mouth entirely with my trays in. I thought the issue would go away when I received tray 1a but it didn't. The space between my teeth makes my jaw tired and sore and I think it is preventing my lisp from getting better. I would like to continue with clearcorrect but the lisp coupled with the inability to close my mouth is a bit too much for me.

Will this problem go away soon? Or am I doomed to spend two years with my mouth agape? Any help/advice would be great.

I also asked my dentist how many trays I would need and he said he didn't know. He never showed me a video representation of my treatment either. I have a sneaking suspicion he wants to eventually get me into regular braces, which I really don't mind. I just want what is best for my teeth with the least amount of social stigma attached if possible.

Thank you!

32. Quote Originally Posted by Clearcorrectbraces View Post
    I just started my clearcorrect and when I got tray 0 I noticed I could not close mouth entirely with my trays in. I thought the issue would go away when I received tray 1a but it didn't. The space between my teeth makes my jaw tired and sore and I think it is preventing my lisp from getting better. I would like to continue with clearcorrect but the lisp coupled with the inability to close my mouth is a bit too much for me.

Will this problem go away soon? Or am I doomed to spend two years with my mouth agape? Any help/advice would be great.

I also asked my dentist how many trays I would need and he said he didn't know. He never showed me a video representation of my treatment either. I have a sneaking suspicion he wants to eventually get me into regular braces, which I really don't mind. I just want what is best for my teeth with the least amount of social stigma attached if possible.

Thank you!

Hi Clearcorrectbraces,

I understand the concerns you’ve mentioned above. Your provider should be able to answer any questions you may have regarding your treatment. If they have any questions for us, they can always give us a shout and we'd be more than happy to assist them. :)

Hi,

I'm going to my dentist next week for a consultation. My main concern is my overbite. I would concider it a "moderate" overbite. How well does ClearCorrect work when correcting an overbite? I've been trying to find as much information on the Internet as possible, but none of it is in-depth. I appreciate any answers and advice. Thank you!

34. Quote Originally Posted by AmyL View Post
    Hi,

I'm going to my dentist next week for a consultation. My main concern is my overbite. I would concider it a "moderate" overbite. How well does ClearCorrect work when correcting an overbite? I've been trying to find as much information on the Internet as possible, but none of it is in-depth. I appreciate any answers and advice. Thank you!
    Hi AmyL,

We're so excited you're taking the first step towards improving your smile! ClearCorrect aligners can correct overbites to a varying degree, but the best thing for you to do would be to speak with your doctor about any concerns you have regarding your overbite. Your doctor should be able to determine if clear aligners are right for you at your consultation.

35. Hello!

So I have four attachments on my four front teeth. I noticed that my liners used to fit perfectly on top of the attachments. After getting set to set, I noticed that one of the attachments didn't fit under my liner and it leaves a little gap from the tooth and the liner. Is this normal? Or are my teeth supposed to be moving downward to fit the liners?

Also, I'm expected to finish around beginning of February. The problem is, I'm planning on studying abroad and will have to leave at the beginning of January. What will happen then?

Christine
    Last edited by kikita; 09-01-2012 at 06:17 PM.

36. Quote Originally Posted by kikita View Post
    Hello!

So I have four attachments on my four front teeth. I noticed that my liners used to fit perfectly on top of the attachments. After getting set to set, I noticed that one of the attachments didn't fit under my liner and it leaves a little gap from the tooth and the liner. Is this normal? Or are my teeth supposed to be moving downward to fit the liners?

Also, I'm expected to finish around beginning of February. The problem is, I'm planning on studying abroad and will have to leave at the beginning of January. What will happen then?

Christine
    Hi Christine,

The best thing for you to do at this point would be to let your doctor know the exact concerns you're having about the gap between the aligner and your teeth. We are here and ready to assist them with any questions they may have. Additionally, let them know about your plan to study abroad. We would be more than happy to discuss possible options for your treatment with them.

Best,
    Sarah Bircher

I am supposed to complete my 36 weeks in 1.5 weeks, but have noticed that my bottom teeth are not straight after all this time. I understand I can have a refinement, but wanted to know how long this process will take since I have already been through the treatment for 36 weeks? How long between new impressions and receipt of aligners? I thought at the end everything would be straight and completed and am a little disappointed that I will have to wear the aligners for a longer period of time.

38. Quote Originally Posted by BBR1538 View Post
    I am supposed to complete my 36 weeks in 1.5 weeks, but have noticed that my bottom teeth are not straight after all this time. I understand I can have a refinement, but wanted to know how long this process will take since I have already been through the treatment for 36 weeks? How long between new impressions and receipt of aligners? I thought at the end everything would be straight and completed and am a little disappointed that I will have to wear the aligners for a longer period of time.
    Hi BBR1538,

The best thing for you to do at this point would be to ask your doctor about how long your refinement will take to complete. Refinement times can vary based on goals and your doctors prescribed treatment. We are here and ready to assist them should they have any questions.

Best,
    Sarah Bircher

I got my impressions done and am ready to start Clear Correct, pending my next appointment with my dentist. However, there is now a chance I may be moving across country next year for work (and I would be in a two year treatment)...can you relocate to a new dentist in the middle of treatment? There are CC dentists in the area to which I'd move..but not sure how it all works. Surely there has to be one other CC case where the patient has changed dentists mid-treatment, right?

40. Quote Originally Posted by ack242 View Post
    I got my impressions done and am ready to start Clear Correct, pending my next appointment with my dentist. However, there is now a chance I may be moving across country next year for work (and I would be in a two year treatment)...can you relocate to a new dentist in the middle of treatment? There are CC dentists in the area to which I'd move..but not sure how it all works. Surely there has to be one other CC case where the patient has changed dentists mid-treatment, right?
    Hello ack242,

We can accommodate case transfers between providers. All we will need to transfer the case on our end is a request in writing from you current doctor releasing the case, with the doctors information that the case will be released to, and then a request in writing from the new doctor accepting your case. All matters regarding payment will need to be handled between you, your current doctor, and the doctor you will be transferring to.

41. International services

Hi ClearCorrect,

Please contact me privately with regards to corporate relations in Singapore.
    I would like to enquire on behalf of my dentist on the necessary details.

Best Regards,
    Hailey

42. Quote Originally Posted by Hailey View Post
    Hi ClearCorrect,

Please contact me privately with regards to corporate relations in Singapore.
    I would like to enquire on behalf of my dentist on the necessary details.

Best Regards,
    Hailey
    Hi Hailey,

The best thing for you to do would be to email info@clearcorrect.com. Your question(s) will be forwarded to the most appropriate person from there. Have a great day!

43. Hello,

I started using Clear Correct June 2010, but unfortunately I was not able to maintain using the braces since January 2011, but at this point I need to begin using them again because my teeth are spacing out so much I can't chew many foods. What is the clear correct policy on restarting accounts? Can I go into the dentist, get new molds and restart? I tried to contact clear correct through email, but they responded its on the dentist. When I contacted the dentist, they stated it is on the manufacturer to allow under certain circumstances to allow a patient to restart without charge. So now I'm stuck in the middle with no answers.

Sincerely,

Nita

44. Quote Originally Posted by Nita10 View Post
    Hello,

I started using Clear Correct June 2010, but unfortunately I was not able to maintain using the braces since January 2011, but at this point I need to begin using them again because my teeth are spacing out so much I can't chew many foods. What is the clear correct policy on restarting accounts? Can I go into the dentist, get new molds and restart? I tried to contact clear correct through email, but they responded its on the dentist. When I contacted the dentist, they stated it is on the manufacturer to allow under certain circumstances to allow a patient to restart without charge. So now I'm stuck in the middle with no answers.

Sincerely,

Nita
    Hello Nita,

Please private message me your information (your name, doctor's name, and case number (if known)). I can see what we can do on our end to get in touch with your provider and discuss this with them.

Best,
    Sarah Bircher

I have a question. My current trays aren't exactly fitting right. Instead of getting new molds my dentist keeps insisting to do all these things like add a type of hook and rubber band and all this other stuff. What is the proper thing to do? I'm already getting disgusted with what my dentist is trying to do. I don't even want to go forward with my treatment anymore unless he gets new molds.