1. Powerprox 6 months braces

Has anyone used this system/technique? Can you tell me more about it? Does it really work in just 6 months? Are they more painful than regular braces? Does the result last? What's the deal? If this is real, why isn't everyone doing them? I mean they are even cheaper than regular braces. Please give me any info you have, I'm so interested in this!

The website is sixmonthsbraces.com

Blog Entries
    The simplest way to state it is that 6 month braces really are only to fix cosmetic issues, while regular braces not only seek to fix cosmetic issues but also bite/alignment issues. Additionally 6 month braces really only works to move the front teeth that are visible in speech and in smiles and thus the quicker time. Traditional braces seek to move all teeth to their proper positions.

Typically speaking moving teeth doesnt take a terribly long time. I am 3 months into my treatment and the ortho think that about 50% of the movement has already taken place, however I have an overbite that will take a while to work on. He thinks my teeth will be where they need to be in 3-4 more months (6-7 months total).

Thats not to say that 6 month braces wont improve bite, just that moreso its a cosmetic thing.
    Last edited by ksmoguy; 05-28-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Invisalign:
    Tray 10 of 18 Upper
    Tray 10 of 18 Lower

Markham, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Stouffville
    6 month braces is one of a couple of "systems" out there. Many patients typically have them on for 8-10 months. It is much easier to resolve minor crowding issues than spacing. There's often IPR involved.

The teeth are simply aligned and then no attempt is made at changing the occlusion. It would be like a typical orthodontic treatment but stopping after the teeth are straight.
    Dr Jason K Tam
    Markham Orthodontist, Stouffville Orthodontist, Oshawa

Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign, Teen Provider, Invisalign Speaker's Bureau
    2012 Las Vegas Invisalign Case Finalist
    2014 Invisalign Case Publication

Invisalign in Toronto Blog
    **NEW** Before and After Invisalign 2.0 Video
    Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

MCO Orthodontics Facebook

4. I have been told it should take 6 months max for me - I have a brace just on my bottom teeth to fix overcrowding (to pull my teeth forward and straighten) and is only for cosmetic purposes. I have brackets only on my front 8 teeth.

I've had the brace on so far for a month and 6 days and have noticed a lot of movement. I have also spoken to people that had similar treatment than me and their teeth were pretty good to go after just 3 months! (With the final 2-3 months to really straighten and make final adjustments).

Don't know what else I can answer for you?

I have some pics on my profile, feel free to take a look :)

Traditional metal brace on bottom teeth to fix overcrowding

Blog Entries
    Dr Rick's six month braces can give good results for those who have minimal alignment issues and only want a 'quick fix' for the front teeth.

Most people with bite issues risk jaw problems if these aren't fixed, and this can't be done in six months.

LMontro the initial movement aligning the teeth, addresses the part of the tooth you can see. To help the teeth stay in this position the root of each teeth also needs to be moved and during the phase we may not see changes, but major work is being done.
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Dr Rick's six month braces can give good results for those who have minimal alignment issues and only want a 'quick fix' for the front teeth.

Most people with bite issues risk jaw problems if these aren't fixed, and this can't be done in six months.

LMontro the initial movement aligning the teeth, addresses the part of the tooth you can see. To help the teeth stay in this position the root of each teeth also needs to be moved and during the phase we may not see changes, but major work is being done.
    Ahh, I see...

So this is why even though your teeth can be in a seemingly perfect place after only a short time (like 2 months), you still need to leave the brace on for 4 months for example?

Does the ortho make any adjustments in this time, or s/he can just leave the teeth there in that place and leave the brace for the remainder of the time?

Blog Entries
    It will depend on what else needs to be done during this time. Usually there's 'fine tuning', which is often referred to as 'tweaking' being done during this time.
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

8. True true...

That's what I was wondering about also. I have brackets on the bottom front 8 teeth and noticed since the brace was put on, that my far right tooth with the last bracket on has moved 'inwards' so out of line from the rest of the teeth. I asked the ortho about this and he said 'I see' and that was all! I was wondering whether he was planning on just leaving it, as you can't really see it unless I tilt my head down and someone looks in my mouth! But I guess (and hope!) that he plans on correcting that! I can only imagine that the way to 'pull it back out' to be aligned is to put a bracket on the next tooth along and extend the wire to there... anyway, we'll see :D

Blog Entries
    Make sure you continue to ask your ortho about this if it bothers you.

Good luck!

10. I for sure will!

He is a bit of the 'relaxed' type that is also difficult to get questions out of!

But for sure, my next appointment in 5 weeks time, I'm going to specifically ask about that tooth that has moved inwards, plus there are 2 teeth on the side which are sitting higher slightly than the 2 on the other side - We're talking only by a little, but it's noticeable. If I'm paying this money, then I'm sorry (not really sorry!), I at least want perfect teeth at the end of the treatment!!

11. Sorry, totally hijacked this thread! I'm going back to my own now!