Thread: teeth whitening

1. teeth whitening

HII!! im getting my braces off in 2 WEEKS!!!! and i was wondering can i get my teeth whitened the day i get my braces removed? i was thinking of either doing zoom or britesmile.... does anyone know which is better?

Blog Entries
    Congrats to you!! I read online that it's not really that important which type of whitening proceedure you get, but the most important factor is the ability and competence of the dentist doing it. I think as long as you have a good dentist who does a great job whitening, it won't matter which system they use. Oh, and yes everything I have read says you can get your teeth whitened the day you get your braces off.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! :thumb:

You can do the whitening, but I'd recommend you wait to see how your mouth feels. Often after the braces are removed, the gums are swell and are sore for a few days/weeks. Whitening during this time would not be good, as it causes sensitivity as well and you need the whole tooth are exposed.

Good luck! :thumb:
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

Markham, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Stouffville
    I would wait a couple of months to allow your teeth to fully remineralize and settle into its natural colour before going ahead with whitening. Take home whitening trays tend to have longer lasting results than in office procedures.
    Dr Jason K Tam
    Markham Orthodontist, Stouffville Orthodontist, Oshawa

Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign, Teen Provider, Invisalign Speaker's Bureau
    2012 Las Vegas Invisalign Case Finalist
    2014 Invisalign Case Publication

Invisalign in Toronto Blog
    **NEW** Before and After Invisalign 2.0 Video
    Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

MCO Orthodontics Facebook