5 11.63%
  • Stability

6 13.95%
  • Numbness

17 39.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Blog Entries

Fear Of Orthognathic Surgery?

What is/was your top fear of getting Orthognathic surgery?

You may make more than 1 selection in your vote.

Blog Entries
    All the risk associated are scary, but I think that in many cases the risk of not having the surgery done when warranted is also scary...
    In Retainers. Hawley On Top and Perm Retainer Lower.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydew007 View Post
    The most i heard from people is the pain. They fear the pain. But its not that painful is some anesthesia is given before doing surgery.
    It's not the pain during that people worry about, but the pain afterwards. There are people who find taking pain meds difficult and some have allergies. There are many concerns that need to be discussed with your surgeon about pain relief.
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

now i have a op date i am so freaking out..i am having dreams now and again about the op..
    i cant stop thinking 'on the day,how is my family gunna get me down the hospital,with out me freaking out'
    not having this op is not a choice for me,i can not live with my open bite no longer so one way or another i will be in that hospital room...
    my open bite, upper and lower jaw surgery on oct 12th 2011 2011

I did the whole package surgery (double jaw + chin) and before I had so MANYYYYYY fears, but mostly I was affaraid of pain and side effects of the drugs, but GUESS WHAT? I woke up in great shape I was trying to tlak with everyone lol and honnestly, no pain. Disconfort due to swelling, yes, but I almost didnt need my pain killer, only morphin shot the 2 days I spent Hospital...

With what I know today, I would do it AGAIN, with pleasure, it was really easy surgery and recovering, and THANKS GOD and my surgeon, I have a normal face now, and what about the feeling of having a perfect bite, now i can even cut a piece of salad wth my theet!

GO for it, have no fear!

I had braces for 2 years with head gear & jaw expander but I'm still not happy with my bite. Left side top teeth touch bottom teeth and right side is an underbite which just looks akward and is uncomfortable. I'm hoping it is possible to fix it without surgery or going back into braces, but if not surgery may be chosen in the near future. I was wondering average cost for jaw surgery in Canada, will it make my face shape look different? And since my teeth are
    Straight , will I just need surgery and not braces again? Ur advice is appreciated :)

Hi all
    I just joined this forum. I wanted to share my experiences and help others who are having double jaw/ orthognathic surgery. I did not have the easiest or pain free recovery and I am still recovering 18 months post op. I had to have my plates and screws removed in December following sinus infections and pain. The internet is filled with people saying corrective jaw surgery is easy and not painful. I know this is untrue and have been undergoing treatment for over 5 years now. I hope my blog and self-help sheets help you all starting your journey on the road to a correct bite. Wishing you all well.

A Guide to Surviving Orthognathic Surgery
    www.facebook.com/steffiesstuff

8. I just joined this forum mostly the risk associated are scary and pain
    Leather Jacket Leather Jacket
    Pass4sure 642-832 exam Pass4sure 642-832 exam
    Pass4sure 640-822 exam Pass4sure 640-822 exam
    Pass4sure 642-902 exam Pass4sure 642-902 exam
    Pass4sure ccna security training Pass4sure ccna security training

9. It'll be fine don't worry