Thread: Help! please

1. Help! please

I have just recently turned 20 and have had a real confidence issues with my teeth. i have severe overcrowding and fear its to late to do much about it. can anyone recommend ways to fix/straighten my teeth that doesnt take years/highly obvious. i was hoping to be able to complete everything in 6months - 1 year.

Blog Entries
    Melissa we aren't professionals on this forum and the two drs who visit can not give you precise information due to not having your x-rays and treatment plans.

You need to make appointments to see a few ortho's ... three is recommended ... and compare them and see if any of them feel like the right person to treat you.

Most orthodontic treatment takes at least a year and some can take a lot longer. You're young, but your jaw will be fused, which means only your teeth can be moved now and that is a consideration if you need a lot of alignment work. Please remember that the brand of bracket does not move teeth ... it's the skill of the orthodontist using archwires that achieves that, along with a patient following all the instructions exactly as they're given ... no more and no less!

Good luck with your consults!
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

Hey Melissa!
    I totally understand your wanting to fix your teeth without looking like your 12!
    I turned 25 this year and finally decided it was time to fix my teeth. They aren't bad at all, I just have an overbite that bothers me.
    So I went and consulted with 3 orthos. Lucky num 3 is now my clinic of choice! A lot of dentist/ortho clinics offer consults for free or
    a very minimal fee, so don't be afraid to make some appointments!
    I start my invisalign treatment next week (very excited!) but this is after reading up on all the information I could find and getting
    the right consultation.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions about EVERYTHING! If an ortho wants to treat his patients right he'll answer whatever is thrown his
    way!
    Good luck!