Thread: Cheap Braces?

Cheap Braces?

I'm 20 and my insurance covers 1,000 but that still leaves 3,000+ and are there any ways to get them for free or cheap? I know its a long shot, but i really want them and the orthodontist said a year or two max is all they would be in for and i'd really like to get them, but just cant afford them. Payment plans make them cost even more and really wont be an option for a while anyway. I just wanted to get them on so they can be working you know.

Blog Entries
    It's great that you're keen to have treatment. My advice is don't look at cutting corners ... don't look for a cheap and nasty fix. Instead save your money and when you have enough, pay for a good orthodontist to do the treatment you need and to do it correctly and do it once only.

All the best! :thumb:
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

Blog Entries
    I agree with Sunny. Do NOT take the cheap route when it comes to your teeth!! My orthodontist allowed me to pay off my braces over my treatment time, so I have a payment due every month for 20 months! I would save, put down a large down payment so you will have smaller monthly payments. Good luck!

I have to agree with the other posters. I spent A LOT of time trying to figure out what I could do and eventually just realized I would have to save up the money for braces. It took me about a year to save up enough (I was saving money from my job at the time, and ended up using part of my student loans) but it's so worth it to me. I paid mine all at once because they cut almost $500 by me doing so. You could look around at other orthodontists in your area to compare prices, but really saving will be your best option. It's good your insurance covers part (mine covered $2,000 but I still paid over $3,000 out of pocket). It seems like A LOT but it's such a good investment. Just start saving whatever you can! Good luck! :)

Expected Treatment Time: 30 Months

As what other members above me are saying, its best to be assured of the quality of the service. There are dentists offering payments as installment basis. Good luck.