Thread: Yellow tooth

1. Yellow tooth

I've been to hell in back with the orthodontic office. I am on my fourth ortho since I had my braces put on which was back in January of 2010. The office can't seem to keep the orthodonist. In March the ortho I saw readjusted a top and bottom bracket. I just went on April 27 and now there is somebody else who readjusted one of the same brackets which is the front top tooth. I just noticed the other day it's yellow and my teeth have always been white. My friends always ask how they stay so white so I am not losing my mind. What do you think this is and can it be fixed? I am scheduled for an adjustment on May 25 and will ask what is the problem but thought someone could tell me before then to ease my mind.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure I understand your question ... do you mean your tooth has turned yellow? Or is the area that was under the bracket yellow? Or is their bonding coming out from the bracket that has turned yellow?

Having brackets moved is a great way to achieve tooth movement and allows the archwire to work better to change the position of the tooth.

All the best with your appointment on 25 May! :thumb:
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

3. I apologize if I didn't make myself clear. The whole tooth around the bracket has turned yellow and only that tooth. All my other teeth are fine. Is the bonding smooth? I thought maybe it was the bonding but everything around the bracket is smooth so I don't understand what could it be.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for clarifying. If the bonding has spilled out, it can stain and make that area look yellowish ... but it's unlikely it would cover the whole tooth.

Talk to your ortho at your next adjustment and hopefully it can be explained easily.
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

5. Thanks and I will definietly ask.