Blog Entries

Estimated treatment time vs. actual treatment time

I am getting Damon Clear braces on August 30, and my orthodontist says that I will have them on for about 21 months. That seems like a short time to me, as my teeth are very crooked and crowded. I am just wondering if anyone would mind telling me how long they were supposed to have their Damons on for, and how long they actually had them on for. Thanks!
    Shannon:lips:

Blog Entries
    The more crowded the alignment, the faster progress will be made, as alignment is the first stage of treatment.

With the archwires that are being used now, treatment is often between 12 and 24 months ... so your treatment time sounds average.
    After 5 years, 11 months and two days of stainless steel brackets ... my teeth now have upper and lower bonded, gold wire, retainers and removable clear retainers!

Most people are quoted ~2 years.

I was told 15 months, and I have had them for about 1.5 months. I know that doesnt really answer your question...we'll see if it takes that long or longer?

I was told 11 months .. I'm going on 16 already. I don't care though as long as the result is good :)
    - Bexy -

My estimated treatment time is 30 months. I'm almost 5 months in now and still have a lot of crowding issues to fix on the bottom. I think my bottom arch will take at least another 5 months to be entirely straightened out. My lower teeth are fairly complicated though, so that's why it'll take so long to straighten them. I haven't even started correction on my bite. I don't really mind having braces but I'm worried that it'll go past the 30 months. I guess I'll wait till it gets closer before I start worrying about that. You'll see progress really quickly with the crookedness (my top teeth are almost entirely straightened in just 5 months). Bite issues seem to be what takes the longest to correct. I think 21 months sounds about average though. :)

Expected Treatment Time: 30 Months

7. 2 year with damon braces plus one with clear retainers