Questions About Drinking Tea and Braces

Hello everyone! :lips:

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I hope it's in the right place. I stopped drinking coffee before I got braces on, so my teeth would remain white enough throughout the time I'll have them on. However, I have been having trouble staying asleep sometimes so I have been drinking hot tea about two hours before bedtime the past two weeks and it seems to help. How much will this stain my teeth? Will I have a white square on every tooth when I get my braces taken off if I continue to do this because the tea stained the perimeter and can that be fixed by whitening (like Crest White Strips) if it does? Should I start using a whitening toothpaste more often? Do I have to brush my teeth directly after drinking tea?

Please post your experiences about drinking tea or drinking or eating other staining drinks or meals while wearing braces. I'm just trying to weigh out the pros and cons because I've been worrying about my teeth staining since I got braces. Thanks! :)

Got metal braces on my top teeth on: June 1st 2011! :lips:
    Getting metal Braces on my bottom teeth on October 28th 2011!
    Problems to fix: Spacing on the top, and overcrowding on the bottom.

Anyone? :)

Blog Entries
    it is important to step up your hygiene routine double time when wearing braces.... tartar control by flossing and brushing is your main concern... but cerain liquids like tea can be had if you brush and rinse afterwards..

I have clear braces on, so I have to be more careful than you otherwise the bands get yellow and make my smile look funky!
    In Retainers. Hawley On Top and Perm Retainer Lower.

Thanks, Mike! :) When I went to the ortho to get my bottom braces on I asked the people there my questions. I was told that they get a lot of people who drink staining drinks like coffee a lot, and they normally don't have that issue. She told me "just don't go overboard." I'll try to make it a habit to brush even after just drinking tea.

Just brush your teeth after drinking tea this is one of the solution to prevent having yellow teeth from the tea you are drinking.