1. Confused :-( Which braces and are these costings ok?

Hello,

After years of putting off getting braces I've finally got up the courage to see a few dentists. I've spoken to 3 in total now, whom have each provided me with a consultation to access which braces is required.

Only one has recommended a fixed braces due to the nature of my bite - which is fine but I want to avoid thr typical train track braces. This dentist only deal with Incognito lingual braces, nothing else, is the 7k quoted worth it or should I try somewhere else for a cheaper lingual brace (circa 2.5-3k)

I don't mind paying more if it's worth it - more tailored fit and speedy straightning but if a lingual brace can offer the same results for 1/3 of the price then it's a no brainer.

Anyone got any experience or advice?

I'm in the NW of the UK if anyone knows any good dentists.

Thanks

2. I'm having the same problem as you, although i got quoted about 4,500 for the fixed braces but i am in the SW of the UK so im not sure.
    The problem is comparing prices i can't seem to get quotes unless you've had a consultation and the cost loads too!! I'm sorry this is probably no help but i am having same problem as well trying to find the best and cheapest option, hope you find a solution!

3. Quote Originally Posted by cheshiredjw View Post
    Hello,

After years of putting off getting braces I've finally got up the courage to see a few dentists. I've spoken to 3 in total now, whom have each provided me with a consultation to access which braces is required.

Only one has recommended a fixed braces due to the nature of my bite - which is fine but I want to avoid thr typical train track braces. This dentist only deal with Incognito lingual braces, nothing else, is the 7k quoted worth it or should I try somewhere else for a cheaper lingual brace (circa 2.5-3k)

I don't mind paying more if it's worth it - more tailored fit and speedy straightning but if a lingual brace can offer the same results for 1/3 of the price then it's a no brainer.

Anyone got any experience or advice?

I'm in the NW of the UK if anyone knows any good dentists.

Thanks

Which ortho quoted you for linguals? If it is london lingual orthodontic clinic..i say go for it. They are amazing. Esp good if you want to avoid the train track look. I am being treated with them.
    Metal braces (not lingual) are cheaper.

Definitely recommend incognito over traditional braces. (have had traditional and now have incognito). I am paying just 10K for uppers and lowers. Traditional were quoted 6.8K for me and I think the extra cost for lingual is worth it. more comfortable and less obvious to people - you did say you had to get up the courage for braces...