1. Wink Lingual braces lisp!!

Hi, I've had braces for a week now, I have lingual braces on top and clear ceramic ones on the bottom.
    I'm experiencing an awful lisp and I don;t know how to get rid of it, ive been talking, singing etc..How long will it take for it to go away?
    Also I've had a lower incisor extracted on friday (4 days ago) and have a big gap in the bottom. I wonder will it close fairly quickly? My bottom teeth are pretty crowded and the extraction was because on of my teeth was going "out" and it needs to come back in line with the others so it didn't have enough space

Thanks a lot!

The lisp will become less noticeable after a while, you're doing all the right things. Stay well hydrated as well.

As to how long your extraction gap will take to disappear....sorry, can't help you there.

hey vanilla... Welcome to the lingual brace club:)
    i was pretty much in the exact situation as you. To help my speech I reaad the rainbow passage 3 times a day for the first 2 weeks. I also tried speaking and singing along to songs as much as possible... Now the ladies at the ortho office say it seems like i dont have the braces:) So hang in there it'll go back to normal eventually.
    I have the gap too and once the teeth align your ortho will close the gaps.
    Good luck!!!

All of us have to feel this situation at times