Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger

Incognito questions

I already have incognito but just have a couple of questions :D

- Does the wax work for you - doesn't seem to for me

- Does the excess saliva go away?? I don't remember having this much with the traditional braces I had previously!!

Also, does the initial pain/talking issues start again on each adjustment??

Thank you :D

2. Hi Kat,

No wax never works for me I can never get it dry enough. I've just registered and don't want to seem a spammer but there is a two part orthodontic relief product which is good for "emergencys" (disbonds/prickly wire ends) or sore tongue but probably too pricey for daily use.

I seem to have the excess saliva all the time, it's horrible but is just another one of those things we need to deal with when getting treatment I suppose. :(

On the adjustment pain, I haven't had anything significant really. I'm a year in and haven't noticed it. A bit of what could best be described as sensitivity/discomfort eating directly after an appointment but it's more a concern that it feels like I'm biting harder because I can feel it more. Which then makes me worry I might take off a bracket.

Hope it helps,
    Andrew

I gave up on wax. If you have real pokey problems, just call your ortho. Most pokey things stop poking my tongue after a few days when my tongue gets used to it.

I was real drooly for a while but it went away. (I am 1 year into treatment).

Pain/soreness goes away usually within two-three days. initially, it was a week. It gets better and you adjust to eating soft things for a few days after each adjustment.

Thanks. Turned out didn't need wax anyway :-) have had a good experience with the incognito so pretty happy. Can't wait to get them off now!! Can't believe I have had them on for almost 9 months already!!