How long have you had brace for? How long still to go?

I have only had braces for 2 months, 16 months to go...
    But it feels like I have had them forever and the road ahead is still a very long one...

Expected Time: 18 months

coming up on 5 years, 4 years and 8 months. im getting them off in one week though :)

it took so long because i'm using a different type of traditional braces that put less pressure on my teeth.
    i only had an appointment every 6-8 weeks rather than every 4 weeks. this is because my two front teeth
    have short roots so she didnt want to move the teeth too fast and risk losing them.

almost 11 months, 13 months left to go! nice to know I'm almost half way there :)

wow 5 years sure is a long time rp2114, but congrats that you are removing them in one week.

i cant wait to be halfway poe, i am hoping there would have been alot of progress then..

I had mine for 30 months (31 was the estimated time). Had them taken off August/September - (lowers had to be kept on to close one little gap) Enjoying my retainers - now going without my retainers for 8 hrs each day!
    50+ ceramic top and bottom as of 2-16-10
    Top Braces off 8/15/12
    Bottom Braces off 9/11/12

I have had my lower braces for 19 months, and my top braces for 13 months. The estimated time in braces for me was 24-30 months, so I am hoping they will be coming off this year. Still have some gaps to close, and some alignement issues on the top arch.

[/url]

I've had mine for 10 months and I've just been told that maybe...maybe (and I'm desperately trying not to get too excited here) I can have them off in 3 months. And wouldn't that be wonderful?
    I was told 22 months...

Wow Letimont seems like you having very good progress if your ortho is anticipating that in the next 3month you could be debanding, all the best.

mrsleighty I hope this is the year for you, the year has just began so I'm sure you will see alot of progress this year.

I've just started (only 2 months in) so I am not anticipating anything for this year but for early 2014...

Last edited by hayhay; 01-26-2014 at 07:39 AM. Reason: incorrect post

METAL MOUTH!!! 18 mos.
    =-D

I have had mine for 27 months. My max estimated treatment time was 24 so yah I'm fed up of them! but then again, it's me delaying things by being picky.
    Braced for 33 months. Now wearing an upper & lower essix retainer and lower bonded retainer

11. I had mine for 6 months now and my ortho said I need around 1 year and a half still. :)

12. I've had mine for 14 months.. My estimated treatment time was 20-26 months.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BracesAt25; 02-23-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: I put 15 months instead of 14 ;)

I have had two sets of braces. First set was about 2 and a half years and the second set 3 and a half! So in total about 6 years....... But removal is in 4 weeks! Woohoo!

Wow BracesAt25, the improvement is unbelievable. Congrats MKR on having your removed in about 4 weeks. I am now 4 months in, 14 more to go. Its actually going faster now that I am no longer obsessed with looking at my braces every second minute lol...

RedLipstick Guest
    My estimated treatment time is 24 months. I've had my upper braces for 8 months and my lower braces for 3 months now.

16. I've had mine for 3 months. 18 month sentence.

Braces on: 2/25/12
    Estimated treatment time: 18 months

Blog Entries
    I've had mine for 3 years and almost 10 months. I had to have a frenectomy and a gingivectomy too so it took longer than expected... But I am getting them off on Wednesday and I CAN'T WAIT!

RedLipstick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMichelle View Post
    I've had mine for 3 years and almost 10 months. I had to have a frenectomy and a gingivectomy too so it took longer than expected... But I am getting them off on Wednesday and I CAN'T WAIT!
    Wow! You must be super excited. Good luck on Wednesday!

Blog Entries
    Thanks and yes I am so happy to finally get out of my 3 year sentence!

RedLipstick Guest
    Thanks and yes I am so happy to finally get out of my 3 year sentence!
    What a good feeling that must be!

Are you satisfied with your new teeth and smile?

Blog Entries
    Yes for the most part I am a bit of nervous energy but that is to be expected of course. Tomorrow is the day and I am overjoyed to get them off finally.

RedLipstick Guest
    Yes for the most part I am a bit of nervous energy but that is to be expected of course. Tomorrow is the day and I am overjoyed to get them off finally.
    Tomorrow can't come soon enough, eh?

Well, keep us posted!

23. Had them for exactly 2 years now. Estimated treatment time was 2 years, and now, well.. my time left in them is indefinite :P Ah well.

MsMichelle, how does it feel to have your braces off?

I have had mine for 8 months now, 10 more months to go. Time is flying if I must say..

Just got mine yesterday. I still have a year and 364 days to go. :)

I have had mine almost 3 weeks gotta wear them 2 years I was just getting used to them and then bam upper palate expander installed urgg I already dislike the thing oh well I guess ill have to get used to it. I have to crank it 2 times a week I was told that if I did it 3 times a week it would go faster. Just need to figure out how to swallow all the food gets trapped up there. The end result will be awesome!
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Welcome to the world of braces athanhrollo and Rachel1999, the first 2 months are difficult, adjusting to the braces and all the work and pain that comes with them. But with time it gets easier and taking care of them becomes second nature. Word of advice; 1) Keep teeth clean at all times, brush teeth after every meal and floss often 2) Dont miss your appointments, this only adds to your treatment time 3) Follow the ortho's rules, stay away from hard and sticky foods 4) If you are given elastics, make sure to wear them all the time unless you are eating or cleaning teeth.

Time flies and you will start to see results soon, all the best...
    Last edited by Xolly; 08-10-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Thank you im finally adjusting to the upper palate expander but everytime I have to do a turn the wire end up cutting me for a while then when It heals up its time to turn again lol on well it will be worth it in the end so far I have been staying away from some foods that they told me I cant have I must admit I was tempted in the movie theater for popcorn but I didn't do it its not worth it. I have purchased a water pick and I love that thing the dentist also gave me a mirror like they use so I use that to look around my expander and teeth to make sure nothings trapped.
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

I've had mine for 3 months, with 4 teeth extracted. Estimated treatment is 24 months, but the orthodontist said it could be quicker because my teeth move really quickly. Hated the first 2 months. I got mouth ulcers all the time, I couldn't eat properly and my jaw was so sore almost every time I woke up, I sometimes cried. But now I have come to love my braces. I just can't stop thinking how my teeth will look when these are off.

30. Got mine today. 20 months to go. Bite Turbos suck...

Finally got mine off after 33 months!
    Braced for 33 months. Now wearing an upper & lower essix retainer and lower bonded retainer

I've had mine for 9 months

33. image.jpg

Changes over the last 22 months. Really happy with my new smile! It's not perfect, but I do not like perfectly symmetrical and straight teeths anyway.

34. I've had my top braces for 2 years and 4 months, and my bottom braces for 2 years and 2 months. My estimated time was 2 years, so hopefully I'll be getting them off soon!

I've had my top braces for 3 years and 4 months.

I've had my braces for 20 mos. but I estimated to only have them for 18 mos. my ortho keeps saying soon. i just want an awesome smile :D

METAL MOUTH!!! 18 mos.
    =-D

Between Invisalign, an Essix retainer and full metal brackets on the lower arch, I am up to 30 months. But whose counting? Oh yeah. Me.

I have had my braces three months and counting.... I guess another 21 months?

Look at my signature, it'll tell you how long I've had them on. Currently going on 15 months. But July 15th they are coming off. Hooray!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

I had mine on for 15 months, 2 weeks and 3 days to be exact. Honestly, it didn't seem that long at all. Only advice I have is to wear your rubber bands faithfully! They really do help speed the process up!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]