Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger

Update... so far 21-1/2 months

I haven't check in for quite some time so here is the long and short of my braced status:

Back in September of 2011 the estimate was about 20 months or so... and I had posted on here how I was shooting for shorter (who wouldn't?) .

Well here I am at 21 months and 2 weeks and so much for shorter!

I had started with bite turbos and they made eating a real challenge, but I did it. I shocked and amazed people with how well I could eat with the ortho-handicap.

Eventually those wore down as my teeth moved in. I was seeing big changes, especially in my splayed, disastrously misaligned lowers.

Around the 12 month mark I was bumped up slowly to the biggest wires and then was told it was time for power chains. They really start getting gaps closed up!

My overbite is stubborn. I had rubber bands for a few months with a small change, then springs for a few months and the movement was minimal. Yesterday my ortho changed the positioning of my front four top brackets, went to a smaller wire and switched me back to rubber bands... no it seems December might be the end? One thing is for certain, Too late to turn back now.

On a brighter note, I have seen massive improvements! My lowers have changed so much I now I can't believe it! Now if only the overbite would go away!!!

Damon Clears

RedLipstick Guest
    Thanks for your update and best of luck to you!