Update... so far 21-1/2 months

I haven't check in for quite some time so here is the long and short of my braced status:

Back in September of 2011 the estimate was about 20 months or so... and I had posted on here how I was shooting for shorter (who wouldn't?) .

Well here I am at 21 months and 2 weeks and so much for shorter!

I had started with bite turbos and they made eating a real challenge, but I did it. I shocked and amazed people with how well I could eat with the ortho-handicap.

Eventually those wore down as my teeth moved in. I was seeing big changes, especially in my splayed, disastrously misaligned lowers.

Around the 12 month mark I was bumped up slowly to the biggest wires and then was told it was time for power chains. They really start getting gaps closed up!

My overbite is stubborn. I had rubber bands for a few months with a small change, then springs for a few months and the movement was minimal. Yesterday my ortho changed the positioning of my front four top brackets, went to a smaller wire and switched me back to rubber bands... no it seems December might be the end? One thing is for certain, Too late to turn back now.

On a brighter note, I have seen massive improvements! My lowers have changed so much I now I can't believe it! Now if only the overbite would go away!!!

Damon Clears

RedLipstick Guest
    Thanks for your update and best of luck to you!