1. EXTREME pain and agony

With my latest set, (two more to go, btw!), my lower left jaw is just killing me, constantly! My cheek is swollen and slightly red, though there's no fever/warmth in it. The pain is so bad, it is cutting through a Hydrocodone tablet in under six hours! 48 hours of this, and I get relief only if the bottom tray isn't in. This isn't like the pain I had in the beginning, this is different. First thing tomorrow, I'm off to the dentist to see what the heck is going on!

2. could it be your tray is not cut properly so you have some plastic sticking into your gum? If so, use an emory board and file it down.
    :party: momma

3. No, it isn't that. It feels almost as though it is too tight on my molars. It had actually stopped by yesterday morning, so I didn't bother the dentist with it. Tonight, we went out for dinner, and I ate some dry roasted peanuts while waiting for my meal. Now my pain is back. I could kick myself in the rear.

Blog Entries
    While I've never had any discomfort that I consider extreme, I'll hazard a guess that different, even slight movements on different teeth will feel different. This week, I had one that for about 4 days was brutally sensitive, especially when I would brush. I'd bet if you got in there and pushed gently on each tooth, you'd find it was one specific one.
    My progress blog: http://www.bracesreview.com/forums/blogs/w1ngz/
    Initial round Oct 2 2012-June 25 2013, 19 sets.
    Refinements Jul 16 2013, number 7 of 10L 13U

If you see spam, take a moment to flag it so it can be removed, by clicking the triangle -!- below a post.

5. Quote Originally Posted by DanaPulley View Post
    With my latest set, (two more to go, btw!), my lower left jaw is just killing me, constantly! My cheek is swollen and slightly red, though there's no fever/warmth in it. The pain is so bad, it is cutting through a Hydrocodone tablet in under six hours! 48 hours of this, and I get relief only if the bottom tray isn't in. This isn't like the pain I had in the beginning, this is different. First thing tomorrow, I'm off to the dentist to see what the heck is going on!
    Hi Dana,

So sorry to hear you’re experiencing discomfort with your aligners. We’ve reached out to your doctor’s office with our findings as to what might be causing the soreness. Please give them a shout at your earliest convenience for more information.

6. Thanx for the concern! I got caught up in my husband having a severe bout of GERD, so I didn't remember to post back. Right about the time I experienced all that pain, I was coming off of two back to back sinus infections; I believe that was the culprit of my agony. I'd been on antibiotics both times, but I guess I didn't get cleared up from the first one, and it came roaring back. Again, thanx for checking up on me with my dentist, they were concerned this morning when they saw me. Great service, great service y'all give. Can't beat it!