Blog Entries

I got an Acceledent Aura!

I know some people have been curious about Acceledent, so please feel free to ask me about it (even when this thread is old, don't hesitate to PM me)!

Deciding to buy it was a really tough decision because of the cost and lack of independent documentation, but I figured at worst it's a placebo and won't do any harm. I have 38 out of 52 aligners left and really wanted to be done before I finished grad school next spring.

I'm really excited to be my ortho's first Acceledent patient! It's been a learning experience for both of us. For example, the mouthpiece he ordered for me didn't fit, so now I have two (one for now and one for later, when my teeth have moved more.)

I've only had it since Saturday, which is the same day I put on new aligners. I really can't tell if it's making a difference, but this set has been less painful in the morning than the last few sets. Dr. Tam had mentioned in another thread that some of the units have trouble holding a charge, but mine seems to be just fine.

I can't wait until Saturday to see how my next set of aligners fit!

Blog Entries
    I think you will be very happy with your Acceledent. I am also my orth's first Acceledent patient and I have been using it since tray 3. I rarely have any discomfort when switching to new trays. I was changing trays weekly but since my mid-course correction, I am averaging tray changes every 8 days. It was a lot of $$ but I am happy I did it - it really has made the time fly by.
    Started Invisalign 5/21/2013. Using Acceledent and changing trays every 7-12 days

Finished 04/16/2014.

Round 2:
    20 of 20 U/L

Round 1: (Stopped at 18 for mid-course correction)
    18 of 35 U/L

3. Yay, that's really cool!! What did you end up paying for it?

Blog Entries
    I *wish* I could get Acceledent. My ortho won't start using it until he sees more peer-reviewed data on it. I understand his cautiousness, but wouldn't it be great to cut down the length of treatment in half? I'm so ready to be done!!!
    Invisalign Start Date: 1-17-2013

Initial round of treatment: 24 U&L, 14 attachments
    Refinements 1/28/14: 22 U&L, 16 attachments, 3 metal buttons, 5 elastics

Lower retainer 12/23/14, circumferential elastics
    Upper retainer 1/14/15

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherinvisalignblog View Post
    Yay, that's really cool!! What did you end up paying for it?
    I paid $1100 for it, but the cost is split up between my remaining monthly payments. I have no idea if this is a good price or not. (I saw on an older Acceledent thread that one person paid only $600!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SopranoKris View Post
    I *wish* I could get Acceledent. My ortho won't start using it until he sees more peer-reviewed data on it. I understand his cautiousness, but wouldn't it be great to cut down the length of treatment in half? I'm so ready to be done!!!
    My orthodontist made sure that I knew that he did not endorse the product. I think he's a little skeptical, too, which makes two of us!

I had asked him about it at my first visit, so when the Acceledent rep contacted him, he gave me the opportunity to get it. Several of his colleagues got good results with it, so he was wiling to order it. But during our conversation about Acceledent, he emphasized that it was my decision because he had no experience with it and could not find peer-reviewed studies on it.

7. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works for you :)

Markham, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Stouffville
    I can say that from a clinical standpoint, the teeth are moving great for our AcceleDent patients (we've exhausted our first 36 or so units and ordered more). Aligners are tracking very well and I have started to modify my ClinChecks as well to try out some new things for our AcceleDent patients. Our patients tell us that they love the comfort when changing trays as well. With either one of those two factors alone, I think this unit shows a lot of promise. Now if only they could drive the price down so that we could simply bundle it into treatment for all of our patients...
    Dr Jason K Tam
    Markham Orthodontist, Stouffville Orthodontist, Oshawa

Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign, Teen Provider, Invisalign Speaker's Bureau
    2012 Las Vegas Invisalign Case Finalist
    2014 Invisalign Case Publication

Invisalign in Toronto Blog
    **NEW** Before and After Invisalign 2.0 Video
    Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

MCO Orthodontics Facebook

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MCOMarkhamOrthodontist View Post
    Now if only they could drive the price down so that we could simply bundle it into treatment for all of our patients...
    ^^^This!

Yes, I agree. It would be wonderful to be able to bundle it together. Anything to make this a faster (but safe) process. I was going to try to buy one myself but the price was just too high to make it cost effective.
    Invisalign Start Date: 1-17-2013

Initial round of treatment: 24 U&L, 14 attachments
    Refinements 1/28/14: 22 U&L, 16 attachments, 3 metal buttons, 5 elastics

Lower retainer 12/23/14, circumferential elastics
    Upper retainer 1/14/15

Blog Entries
    With tax, mine was apprx $1100 too. I am hoping to sell it when I am finished with treatment. So far it seems to have worked for me. I will be finishing treatment in another month or so, which will bring my total treatment time (no refinements needed) to less than a year including a delay for mid-course correction. I was initially looking at 17 months or so without it. Being able to reduce the treatment time really gave me the push I needed to fix my teeth.
    Started Invisalign 5/21/2013. Using Acceledent and changing trays every 7-12 days

Finished 04/16/2014.

Round 2:
    20 of 20 U/L

Round 1: (Stopped at 18 for mid-course correction)
    18 of 35 U/L

Blog Entries
    I would LOVE to see an independent study comparing people two groups of people on seven day cycles - half using Acceledent and half that don't.

Im glad my ortho bundled mine in with my treatment! But yes the trays feel much comfier with acceledent use ^^ just be careful.. The first time i used it, I had so much saliva i drooled like a crazy person for 20 minutes while hand motioning to my mother not to worry haha
    1/15 refinements round 2!

37/37+2 refinements done
    61/61+3 U&L done - 24 attachments + 2 metal buttons (all 26 taken off on 61/64!)

Currently using Acceledent
    Started October 15th, 2013

Acceledent

I am on my 3rd set of Invisalign aligners and thinking about getting Acceledent. How does it feel in your mouth? Also, does it really reduce the length of treatment by 50%?

Keep us updated on your Acceledent experience! I'm real eager to find out whether or not it's worth the extra cost on top of Invisalign

15. I love AcceleDent! My orthodontist originally told me I would have braces on for over 18 months, but now, with Acceledent I'm in month 8 and my orthodontist just told me I should get them off in 2-3 more months! Everyone is also impressed that I haven't had to take Advil or any pain medications after each adjustment because Acceledent makes it less painful. Check out my blog to see my story: http://acceledentbraces.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie28 View Post
    I love AcceleDent! My orthodontist originally told me I would have braces on for over 18 months, but now, with Acceledent I'm in month 8 and my orthodontist just told me I should get them off in 2-3 more months! Everyone is also impressed that I haven't had to take Advil or any pain medications after each adjustment because Acceledent makes it less painful. Check out my blog to see my story: http://acceledentbraces.blogspot.com
    Nice. I just read your blog. I got my traditional braces in June and just got Acceledent so hopefully it'll speed it up.

Can we get an update on how everything went?