Dirty teeth feeling

I find that sometimes after brushing my teeth and then putting on my aligners my teeth feel dirty as if they haven't been brushed in a while. Without the aligners they feel clean and this is when I've also cleaned my aligners. Anyone have days like this? It's such a horrible feeling. Can't wait till I'm not stressing over whether my teeth are fully clean because I know things can get trapped.
    Year and a half treatment time
    39/39 U- 10 attachments
    22/22 L- 7 attachments

Refinements
    7/15 U- 10 attachments
    7/11 L- 9 attachments

19 attachments all up now. Not fun!

Blog Entries
    How are you cleaning your aligners?
    Invisalign Start Date: 1-17-2013

Initial round of treatment: 24 U&L, 14 attachments
    Refinements 1/28/14: 22 U&L, 16 attachments, 3 metal buttons, 5 elastics

Lower retainer 12/23/14, circumferential elastics
    Upper retainer 1/14/15

3. I don't know if I have the same issue as you but sometimes I swish mouthwash in my mouth with the trays in so my mouth feels more "alive" I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I just had my teeth cleaned a couple days ago and had to chance dentists since my original one dropped my insurance they complimented me on how clean my mouth is. What dentist Evers says that haha but I said that's good since I brush and floss them a million times a day. And no cavities woohoo

Currently on Tray 38 of 38 U/L

I soak them in polident in the morning and then brush them with toothpaste at night. I think its when I use the toothpaste that I have this feeling.
    Year and a half treatment time
    39/39 U- 10 attachments
    22/22 L- 7 attachments

Refinements
    7/15 U- 10 attachments
    7/11 L- 9 attachments

19 attachments all up now. Not fun!

Blog Entries
    Never use toothpaste to clean your aligners. That's what's causing the problem. I only use Efferdent (similar to Polident) to clean them. The toothpaste will make them gritty and will also cause a bad smell. If you don't want to use the Polident multiple times per day, I've also found that Listerine Whitening or mixing 50/50 water & hydrogen peroxide cleans them well. I prefer the Efferdent for Retainers & Partials. Never had an issue and my trays always come out sparkling clean.
    Invisalign Start Date: 1-17-2013

Initial round of treatment: 24 U&L, 14 attachments
    Refinements 1/28/14: 22 U&L, 16 attachments, 3 metal buttons, 5 elastics

Lower retainer 12/23/14, circumferential elastics
    Upper retainer 1/14/15

I am back using 3 minute polident myself. For a while there was concern over yellowing with polident, and most here switched to efferdent etc, the smart track material yellows no matter what you use or dont use IMO.

Im in clear retainers now that were made in house (not vivera) . I have been using polident for 4 months now and they are still like new, polident cleans the fastest IMO.
    Last edited by mandreyka; 04-02-2014 at 09:03 AM.

7. I had that feeling to. Now i chew a half piece of chewing gum before brushing my teeth and it feels way better for me.

Markham, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Stouffville
    Keep in mind that even after brushing and rinsing, your mouth may still have remnants of the fluid or food you just consumed. For example, you may have brushed your teeth after a coffee, but you know that even an hour later, if you happened to spit out, your saliva would still have a tinge of colour.
    Dr Jason K Tam
    Markham Orthodontist, Stouffville Orthodontist, Oshawa

Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign, Teen Provider, Invisalign Speaker's Bureau
    2012 Las Vegas Invisalign Case Finalist
    2014 Invisalign Case Publication

Invisalign in Toronto Blog
    **NEW** Before and After Invisalign 2.0 Video
    Stouffville Braces Blog

For the best Toronto Invisalign results, see how to choose an Invisalign doctor, and Invisalign vs Braces
    Markham Braces Blog

MCO Orthodontics Facebook

9. Keep in mind that even after brushing and rinsing, your mouth may still have remnants of the fluid or food you just consumed. For example, you may have brushed your teeth after a coffee, but you know that even an hour later, if you happened to spit out, your saliva would still have a tinge of colour.
    Yes, it's true. After brushing our mouth contains the remnants of the fluid or food. If you worried about your teeth, you can get online help from any good dentist.