Unhappy Is it normal to have brackets falling off =/

I have had braces for close to 5 months and in that time period I have had 4 brackets fall off... the first was within a week of it being put on, the second was within 4 days of my 7th molars being braced, the third (this one probably my fault) 3 weeks since the 7th molars were braced... I had chicken porridge and I could have bit on a bone not too sure but I'll be damned if porridge cause this x.x and the 4th one came loose a couple of days ago (the 7th molar's bracket). I wasn't eating anything when the other 3 came loose. I don't know what I am doing wrong here =/. is it the glue my ortho is using or the workmanship? cause all my friends do not seem to share my problem when they had braces!

I had one fall off of a molar.. while brushing my teeth.. on the opposite side of my mouth!

I've heard of them falling off as well. Usually the back ones are harder to adhere (because they have to reach in) to they may not adhere as well as the rest. Or maybe there was a bit of plague on the tooth to begin with that didn't let the bracket adhere as well. I'm not sure biting on a bone would do that (esp. a cooked one) but I do know sticky candies and gum can pull them off as well.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Well bracket fall count is up to 5 now... the lower 7th bracket to join the gang of fallen brackets! This time it fell off during my sleep! Only one 7th bracket is yet to fall off =.= I am speechless, have no idea if I am the one at fault or simply just my luck =/

4. Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I have had braces for close to 5 months and in that time period I have had 4 brackets fall off... the first was within a week of it being put on, the second was within 4 days of my 7th molars being braced, the third (this one probably my fault) 3 weeks since the 7th molars were braced... I had chicken porridge and I could have bit on a bone not too sure but I'll be damned if porridge cause this x.x and the 4th one came loose a couple of days ago (the 7th molar's bracket). I wasn't eating anything when the other 3 came loose. I don't know what I am doing wrong here =/. is it the glue my ortho is using or the workmanship? cause all my friends do not seem to share my problem when they had braces!
    Try not to worry alleycat, I've had plenty of bracket fall off and get replaced, it all depends on your orthodontist and what he/she is using (and how skilled they are).

Just try to get on as normal and when you next see them, things should get sorted.

I'm just going over my 6 month stage with braces, so I'm at about the same point as you, so don't worry :)

I've also been documenting my journey on my YouTube channel, so please feel free to take a look and find any information on anything you're struggling with or worried about! :) (I've done a total of 17 videos, 18th coming this Sunday)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/LeeSkittrall7237

Anyway if you've got any more question feel free to ask,
    - Lee

Thanks, It has been better (not to jinx the situation) all brackets have stayed on since the last break... between then and now I have had loads of "gear" added and thankfully everything is still in tact! TADs, hooks, power chains, build-ups, etc

I do wonder if it is normal for the soft tissue/gums to grow over the TADs... cause mine are now completely covered D= can't seem to find an answer with google...

My Blog:
    http://maijourneyinbraces2013.blogspot.com/